Sixteen

Thirteen.

He figured that she need time, time to herself. She liked watching movies, he suggest watching a few to pass the time. Some made her laugh while others made her cry, the last movie she decided they were watching was The Sound of Music, from being to end, she sang every song.

Distracting her mind, made her forget about a lot of things, only when she had time to think did she remember. She had been told that Michael was back home and working again, what the police had wasn't enough more of a he said, she said situation.

They had asked that she come down to the station to put forward a statement. However, she wouldn't go alone which meant, they couldn't hold Michael for any charges. Every morning she looked out of the window, he still walked through the park to work, only when he had gone did she and Theo take Dina for a walk.

She never moved a step until he was holding her hand, and only after they had done his little exercises to calm her anxieties. Someone called Dina away from them, they hurried after her shouting for her to come back, as they turned a corner Mollie froze in her tracks.

"What are you doing, leave her alone," she argued as Michael petted her dog, "Dina come," she held a ball for her as soon as she came back she placed her on the leash.

"We should leave Theo," she held his arm

"Theo is it?" he questioned, "tell me Theo when you fuck her do you like the little noise she makes right before she-

"Oh its a little noise?" he creased his brows, "I must be sleeping with a different Mollie, she certainly isn't quiet with me," Theo draped his arm over her shoulder, "come on, baby girl let's go home," he kissed her temple as they walked away when she was certain they were away from him, she spoke.

"How do you know what to say so quickly?"

"It's a gift, really a little noise with him,"

"Shut up, to be honest, I'm usually thinking of something else," Theo laughed at her

"Why?"

"He thinks he knows where everything goes, though he isn't too keen to listen to pointers,"

"His loss," he held her hand giving it a little squeeze, "are you alright?" she nodded her head, "it's okay if you aren't I can't imagine it being easy seeing him-

"If I wasn't with you, I'd probably be terrified," she smiled at him, resting her head on his shoulder as they walked back to Grimmauld Place.

He sat on her bed, staring up at the ceiling as she took a shower. He creased his brows she was comfortable with him, 'why?' he couldn't understand. Maybe he hadn't been clear when he said, he had killed people. 'No sane person would be comfortable around a murderer'

"Theo?" he sat up, his gaze drifting over her body only a small towel just covering her up,

"Yeah,"

"You don't have to answer I was just curious," he hummed waiting for her to continue, "when you killed someone for the first time, how did you know you could do it?" he creased his brows, "I mean the killing curse, it's something you can only cast if truly intend to kill someone,"

"I can't cast the killing curse," he said, she walked towards him, standing in front of him

"Then how did you kill them," she asked, he cupped the backs of her knees

"There are other spells that are just a lethal," he said, she nodded looking between, "I took away their pain first, the killing curse is quick but the other methods, take time, I took their pain away so they wouldn't feel anything,"

"How many?" he gritted

"Thirteen,"

"You've killed thirteen people," she questioned moving away from him, "how can you sit there knowing what you've done?"

"I didn't feel bad because no one was going to miss them, homeless muggles, muggles without families, all nobodies except the last few a family with a baby, no more than four months old-

"Stop I don't want to hear anymore,"

"You asked me, to talk so I am, I want to be honest with you Moll, I need to be honest with you,"

"Why?"

"Because others in your life haven't been," she creased her brows,

"What do you mean?"

"Sirius, never telling you he's your biological father, Lupin knew too and lied to you all them years, Michael almost got you assaulted through lying about where you were going, I don't want to lie to you, not after everyone else has," she fiddled with her towel, stepping closer to him, she sat on his lap, resting her hand around the back of his neck, playing with his hair.

"What made you decide you couldn't kill them, that family,"

"I woke their baby up, I thought I could do it, when I held my wand up, it wrapped it little fingers around it and smiled up at me, like it was a game," she wrapped her arms around him, nuzzling her face into his neck.

"I'm sorry for what you've been through, I probably didn't make it any easier on you," he moved her away, looking into her eyes.

"You don't have to apologise for anything, I got myself in this mess not you," she held tears forming in her eyes, "what are you crying for?"

"I don't know, I care more about you, and it upsets me that you went you all that and more that I probably don't understand or know about,"

"I don't need you to understand, I need to know if you trust me?"