Fifteen

Ninety-nine with a Flake

When she woke, he wasn't there, she didn't expect him to be, she smiled to herself, he allowed her to fall asleep in his arms. He wasn't a bad person at all, he could be sweet and kind, in his own way she knew he cared for her, he had proven that many times.

She left the bedroom when she heard the shower running, as she went downstairs to feed Dina. The dog had no intention of eating only wanting to go for a walk, it had been a while since she had taken Dina out for a proper walk, ever since Theo had stalked her in the park she had been a little hesitant to walk her dog by herself.

"Sorry Dina, I just can't," she felt awful being unable to take her out,

She considered asking Theo if he would go with her, 'he'd probably say no' the sad look in her companion's eyes, made her run upstairs she sat on the bed, waiting for him to finish his shower. She kept her thoughts pure, trying not to think of him shirtless with water dripping down his body, she closed her eyes picturing something else. Anything else.

"What are you doing?" he asked, she opened her eyes, averting her gaze from running over his body, he only wore a towel around his lower waist.

"I was wondering if you'd walk Dina with me," she said, trying not to show desperation.

"Why?"

"Please, I haven't walked her alone without panicking, since you scared me," he looked down, it never occurred to him that her fear stemmed from their accounter in the park.

"It's probably the least I could do,"

"Really," she stood up, walking towards him,

"Yeah, I mean I'm the reason you freaked about going out,"

"Well not just you, Michael too,"

"Okay, let me get dressed and we'll take her," she smiled brightly

"Thank you," she pressed her lips against his, snaking her hands around his neck up into his wet hair, she pulled away hurrying out, "Dina! We're going for a walk,"

He creased his brows that was the second time she had kissed him for no reason, just to kiss him. The first time he didn't think much of it, just a way of saying 'see you later' this time it was a 'thank you' he could deny she was attractive, her boldness with her teasing made it harder for him to attempt to resist her.

He didn't know what this was, they'd fooled around and teased each other but that was it. It was the slowest he had taken things with a girl, not that there hadn't been times between them when they could have easily taken things a lot further.

"Theo are you ready?" she asked, he waved his wand over him, drying his hair and quickly getting dressed.

"Yeah," she had the biggest smile on her face as did her dog.

He gestured for her to leave before him, as she stood on the step, he noticed her anxiety straight away the way one hand trembled while the other held a firm grip on the dog's leash. No doubt making the dog nervous too, he took the dog leash from her, hold her hand she looked up at him.

"Deep breath," she listened to him, as she took a few deep breaths before they walked, "What's five things you can see?"

"What?"

"Just answer it,"

"Erm," she looked all around her "trees, cars, kids playing, dogs and clouds,"

"Okay, now close your eyes and tell me four things you can hear,"

"Birds, traffic, Dina's panting and wind through the trees," he smiled as she listed everything

"Good, eyes closed still now three things you can smell,"

"The pond, bacon sandwiches, and you," she said, looking up at him, "you smell nice," he chuckled

"Thanks, two things you can feel,"

"My jumper, and," she paused, squeezing his hand, "your hand,"

"Turn around," he told her, when she did she realised she had walked all the way through the park, "you walked through the park,"

She smiled letting go of his hand, she looked down at Dina, when they weren't near too many dogs she unhooked her leash. Allowing her the freedom she had been craving for weeks now, Mollie smiled seeing Dina run around happily chasing squirrels up trees.

"Thank you," she said, with tears rolling down her face,

"It's fine," he raised his hand, wiping her tears away,

"Can I still hold your hand?" she asked, he nodded holding his hand out for her, she held his hand tightly like she'd be lost if he wasn't there to help guide her.

"Do you have any money on you?"

"Yeah, I thought you had your own,"

"I do, just not muggle money,"

"Oh, yeah, here's £10," she handed him the money he walked her over to an ice cream truck, whistling her dog to come with them.

"Morning, what can I get you?"

"What would you like?"

"Just a Ninety-nine Ice cream with a flake,"

"And you?" he asked Theo

"Same, thanks," he glanced down at the dog drooling, next to them, "and one for the dog," she smiled at him,

"Any toppings?"

"Blueberry," she told Theo

"Blueberry and I'll have Raspberry," as the man handed them their ice cream, Dina jumped up at the truck taking hers from the man.

"That'll be £3 then," Theo handed him the money waiting for his change, "thank you have a good day,"

Dina ran over to a bench to eat her ice cream it was gone in seconds it didn't take her long to eat it. He still held her hand as they walked around the park, she question if that was the first time he had ever used muggle money for anything. As they sat down they ate their ice cream while Dina went back to chasing squirrels.

"What are you smiling at?"

"Nothing, just thank you for today," he smiled, tapping her nose with his ice cream, "seriously," he laughed

"Come here," kissing the tip of her nose, smirking at her

"Did you really do that just kiss my nose?"

"I might have done,"

"You're a big softy, aren't you," he looked all around him, turned to her smiling, leaning into her as he whispered.

"Shush, don't tell anyone,"