Nineteen

What About Dina?

Theo hadn't managed a minute of sleep, between Mollie's tossing and turning, pacing about the halls. He couldn't sleep, then he heard her talking to Dina. 'not that the dog could offer any advice back' she would tell him that he didn't understand, it's an ear with no judgement.

Dina will still love her, regardless of what she tells her, the unconditional love of a dog, was something he'd never understand. She hadn't slept in her bed with him, just wanting to be alone, 'why? She didn't care about Michael, or did she?'

"Oh Dina, I did something terrible," she mumbled lightly petting the animal, "I meddled with Michael's mind, he might have been an arsehole, but no one deserves to have their mind meddled with," she sighed, smiling her companion. 

"And that spell Theo did, I understood why. But would Michael know the reason for his hands burning?" she questioned more to herself than anyone else. "I suppose he won't be assaulting anyone," the dog whined looking out the window. "I know, I'll take you in a bit," she kissed the dog on the top of its head.

A knock at the door distracted her, the unexpected visitor pulled Theo's attention, he stood up, to get a closer look at their guest. His eyes widened raced downstairs, hoping to stop Mollie before she opened the door, he quickly grabbed her holding his hand around her mouth.

"What are you doing?"

"It's Michael," Theo said, she moved to reach for the door, "you're really going to answer?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I?"

"Because you wiped his memory, Mollie," Theo said as though it was obvious, "He shouldn't know about you or Grimmauld Place,"

"Mollie?" he spoke "Are you in, I need to talk to you?" Theo held his finger up to his mouth, warning her to be quiet.

Theo crept back upstairs, peering out of the window, waiting for the person to leave. When Michael left he quickly grabbed his cloak, hurrying through the halls, only to be stopped by Mollie. 

"Theo please, don't go," the fear in her eyes told him that she needed someone right now.

"I won't be long, I swear," he cupped her face, "I'll be fine, okay," he leaned down pressing his lip against hers in a way he never dared to before, much softer than his lustful kisses, he smiled, softly grazing his thumb across her cheek, "Stay here, I'll come back for you,"

She didn't know what to do with herself, she didn't know what to think. She saw the look in Michael's eyes when he left Grimmauld Place, he didn't have the faintest idea of who she was. A spell like that doesn't just wear off, she considered that someone could be impersonating him, she jumped as Dina licked her hand, she sighed patting her lightly.

"It's okay, we're safe here,"

She waited for Theo to return, sitting at the bottom of the stairs, with Dina laying at her feet. She questioned if she had cast the charm correctly, running over the night in her mind. There was no way that the spell could have gone wrong, she executed the spell perfectly there was no doubt that Michael is completely unaware of who she is.

"I lost him," Theo said, hitting the doorframe with his fist,

"Hey, it's okay he's gone-

"No it's not okay, if that was a wizard why would they need to hide who they are?" he said, his voice cold and harsh, "think about it, there are people looking for me, and if they know I'm here, we're fucked, we need to leave," he rushed past her,

"What?" she questioned running upstairs after him, as she walked into her room he was packing a bag, with his and her things. "Theo just stop, please you're scaring me-

"I can't stay here if someone knows,"

"Then why do I have to leave," he paused, looking up at her, she had tears streaming down her face,

"I need you to come with me,"

"Why?"

"If anyone gets to you, it wouldn't take long to get through your memories, see us together-

"Then take it all away,"

"No, I won't do that, I couldn't do that,"

"Why not?"

"Because I," he paused wanting to tell her I want to be with you, however, the words that left his mouth were "I couldn't let you be that vulnerable to them,"

"I can't just leave, what if Sirius and Remus come back, what if Michael still knows,"

"He won't know-

"Can't we at least be sure he doesn't know," Mollie asked, almost pleading that they check everything before jumping to conclusions.

"Okay, get the dog,"

"What?"

"You said, he works at a cafe right?" She nodded, "well, let's take the dog on a walk and pay him a visit,"

She hooked Dina's leash, waiting for Theo at the bottom of the stairs, he had packed a bag anyway just in case. They need to run, he would take her whether she liked it or not he couldn't let her get hurt for something he did. After everything he put her through he wouldn't let any more harm come to her.

She held his hand as they walked through the park, they walked briskly as they needed to be as quick as possible. If there were someone watching them they didn't want to spend too much time out in the open. The closer they walked towards the cafe the tighter her grip became, he squeezed her hand assuring her that he was still there with her.

They seated themselves at a table, eyeing Michael as he worked, Theo clenched his jaw when he saw the bandages on his hands. Mollie moved her hand away as he held her hand so tightly that she was certain he had left a mark. Michael approached them smiling as he took out a notepad and pen.

"What can I get you today?"

"Erm, water please," she said, he smiled at her, turning to Theo waiting for his order

"Same and something for the dog,"

"Alright, I'll be back in a moment," as he walked away Theo leaned over to her,

"He doesn't remember us, we need to leave,"

"I can't,"

"You must," she moved her hands away from him, he sighed, "I don't want to make you leave with me, please Mollie come with me,"

"What about Dina?"

"We can't take the dog-

"Then I'm not leaving," she protested, folding her arms across her chest.

"Think rationally, the dog is useless to them, she'll slow us down,"

"I can't just leave her-

"Make the elf, look after her," he told her, she shook her head

"I can't do that, Kreacher doesn't listen to me-

"You're Sirius' daughter, a member of the House of Black, he has to obey you,"