Fourteen

Don't Think Too Hard.

She promised Mad-Eye that she would go to Diagon Alley when she had the chance. From what she could remember from school they sounded like ingredients for a potion, she couldn't remember exactly which one, all the ingredients pointed to a potion she should be familiar with.

She gathered some of the supplies that she already had hoping to save herself time when she did go to Diagon Alley. Theo creased his brows questioning the ingredients that Moody wanted, he lounged on her bed, having to stay in there as Kreacher was cleaning the house.

"Someone going undercover?"

"How would I know?" she said, preparing her bag to leave,

"Well, the ingredients seem to be for a Polyjuice Potions," she looked again at them, 'that was the potion, I was thinking of,'

"I still don't know why they'd need me to do it, I'm not 'Officially' in the order," she used air quotes as she couldn't say she wasn't when she lived in Grimmauld Place.

"Alright," he held his hands up in surrender, "I was just asking a question," she sighed

"I'm taking Dina with me, Kreacher shouldn't come into my room, so just stay here,"

"What else is new,"

She rolled her eyes at him, she hook Dina's leash to her collar. Patting her jacket down double checking she had the money to pay. Without thinking she quickly leaned over kissing Theo as she pulled away, she smiled at him.

***

Diagon Alley wasn't something new to Dina, the canine felt right at home in the busy streets. Mollie, however, felt more exposed than ever, with many reports in the Daily Prophet of attacks. Stores being burnt down, she had her eyes scanning every inch of the stores, cautious with who she spoke with.

"Okay, Dina, I have to leave you outside," she tied her leash to a pole, kissing the dog between her ears, "I won't be too long be good,"

She swiftly gathered everything she needed from the store, she waited in the queue, looking all around her, she quickly glanced outside. Hoping that no one was near her dog, she made her way to the counter. She didn't register the amount that the cashier asked for, only handing him her money and leaving.

She walked fast, dragging Dina along with her, anxious to get back home. She barely acknowledged anyone around her, bumping into people without apologising. The second she arrived home she locked the door behind her, taking a deep breath as she leaned against the door.

"Ahh," she shrieked upon realised Kreacher stood next to her. "Sorry, you startled me,"

"Apologies, Miss," he said, "Kreacher had to lock the door, someone tried to get in,"

"What?" she hurried to the window, scanning the people walking by. "Did you see who it might have been?"

"No miss," she nodded as Kreacher went back to his work she hurried upstairs before Theo could speak she clamped her hand over his mouth. Listening for Kreacher, only when she was positive that he wasn't nearby lingering in on their conversation did she speak.

"Did you see anyone?" she whispered, he shook his head, he seemed to be quieter than usual, "what is it?"

"Just thinking,"

"Don't think too hard, it looks painful,"

"Har, har," he mocked, "I was thinking of Moody, didn't he seem a little...

"A little what?"

"Strange to you,"

"No, it's not unusual for him to drop in unannounced, is that all that's bothering you?" she asked, he shook his head

"I'm gonna take a shower,"

She creased her brows as she made her way to her own room. Listening for him, in case he needed anything. It didn't seem very Theo-like to be quiet. He always had something to say to her, whether it be an insult or shameless flirting.

As the hours went by she hadn't heard a peep out of him, it wasn't her place to question him. Every time she closed her eyes to try and get some sleep, her mind took her to a dark place. From Death Eaters raiding her home to Michael the possibility of what might have happened, she couldn't calm down enough to drift off to sleep.

She found herself slowly walking to her room, she cringed as the door creaked open. He never woke, lying asleep so soundly, she question how he could sleep. She carefully closed the door behind her, tiptoeing towards the bed, as she slipped under the covers, she snuggled closer to him, sighing when he didn't wake up.

"Do you often creep in people's beds?"

"Sorry, I just can't sleep," she mumbled, he draped his arm over her waist, pulling her closer to him,

"Why?" he asked, brushing her hair behind her ear,

"I'm scared, I couldn't even walk through Diagon Alley, without being on the verge of a panic attack, the only thing keeping me grounded was Dina-

"Alright," he held her head against his chest, "You can sleep with me if you want,"

"Just sleeping" she mumbled.

"Yes, I promise, I'll keep my hands to myself,"

He allowed her to bury her face into him, snuggling so closely that anyone would think there was one person in the bed rather than two. As though she had taken a sleeping draft she fell asleep in his arms, he smiled to himself, amazed that she felt comfortable enough to fall asleep in his arms.

He wouldn't dare tell her now that he did see something outside, he wouldn't let her have a fear of living in her own home. He knew eventually he would have to say something, for the consequences of the unknown being greater than having a fear of a few bad wizards.

He had reached out to someone, he believed could help him, having heard stories in the Daily Prophet he was sure this person could be of great help to him. If only he could be sure that they'd trust him when he brings Mollie with him.