Chapter 24- Apart but longing hearts

1 Month later

It's been 1 month since I fell from the stairs, since that beautiful dream

It's been 1 month since I fell from the stairs, since that beautiful dream. Just the thoughts of that dream were enough to make me smile. Sometimes dreams are indeed more beautiful than reality and gave us a reason to smile. My wounds are almost healed because these wounds are easier to heal than my wounded soul. So many things have changed from that day and since I saw him somewhere inside my heart pains little did I know I was dying to see him.

Flashback

 I was sitting on the hospital bed almost every tube has removed from my body just an IV was attached. I was looking out of the window blankly just thinking about how this pain will last long. I was tired both mentally and physically. Honestly, when I fell from the stairs I never wanted to wake up again but that little boy of my sweet dream brought me back to life. I immediately turned my attention to the loud footsteps towards me and it was Sam. He was coming toward me with a cheeky smile on his face with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. 

"Flowers for little sunshine," Sam said while extending the bouquet towards me making me laugh at his antiques.

"How are you Rose?" he asked while stroking my head. I was wondering if this is what feels like to have a warmth of a brother, having someone who cares for me.

I smiled and said with a pause "Good... I guess" he nodded but soon his smile turned into a worried expression. He sat in front of me and held my hands in his hands and asked me "Do you trust your brother?" I nodded not knowing what to say.

"Will you tell me what happened yesterday"? He asked, my smile fell after hearing him. I freed my hands from his hold and turned my head towards the window again making him sigh in defeat.

"It's okay if you don't wa----"

"Before I fell, Xavier and I had an argument. I was telling him to let me go but he was so stubborn to let me go so I ran out of the room in anger but when I came near the stairs I, I felt like someone pushed me from behind." I said making his widen.

"Are you sure, I mean are you sure that someone pushed you?" Sam asked

"I don't know for sure but I did felt a presence behind maybe it was Xavier," I said not sure about someone pushing me because at that time only me and Xavier were present in the mansion. He nodded while Xavier entered inside along with a nurse.

"I am waiting outside we're going back," he said and left. I looked away as soon as he came inside, the nurse was helping me with my clothes and everything. I sit inside the car in pure silence neither he talked nor I want to talk to him. As we reached the mansion he hold me by my waist wanting to help me but I jerked away his hold.

"Stay away," I said and started walking by myself, I was struggling to walk but this is what I am used to and most importantly I don't want his help but suddenly he caught me by my wrist making my front collide with his and picked me up in bridal style making me gasp.

He looked straight into my eyes and said "It's better to ask for help rather than struggling and behaving like a stubborn kid". I was hitting his chest with my fist, thrashing in his arms but this man didn't even flinch eventually I gave up because this man is really made of steel and my little punches can't do anything to him. He placed me on my bed and tugged me into my blanket.

He extended his hand with a glass of water making me confused and said "medicine" I just looked away. I rather die than take anything from him.

"Will you stop behaving like a brat?" he said while gritting his teeth making me scoff.

I look at him and said "I will if you stop showing me your face"

His anger turned into an unknown expression that I was unable to understand but soon that expression was covered by his usual void face "I will if you take your food and medicines timely". I would be lying if I say that his caring words didn't erupt those feelings again in my heart. I slowly took the pills and gulped down with water and then he left silently leaving me alone. This is what I want, right?"

Flashback ends

This month has been the most difficult for me

This month has been the most difficult for me. When she said she didn't want to see me something broke inside me. Without having a glimpse of her blue orbs I felt incomplete, I felt like if I didn't see her I'll go insane that's why I came to work before she woke up and went home after she sleep but when I reach home the very first thing I want to do was to see her and admire her. I know if she gets to know about this she will again hit me with her tiny fists but I can't help also. I'm addicted to her, to her presence her everything. When Sam told me that someone pushed her from the stairs I was ready to kill that person but when I looked footage, the whole footage of that time was missing. From that I know one thing for sure whoever did this is definitely from the mansion it could be maids or my own family member but I swore on my life whether it's my own family or any maid I'll make sure to disappear his/her existence. But soon my thoughts halted when Sam barged into my cabin while huffing with a file in his hands.

"I found it, about her," Sam said and handed me the file. I immediately took the file and what I saw made my body pale.

"H..How is this possible?" I stammer in utter shock.

"There is something more than what it looks like from which even Rose is unaware".

 ⊱・・✿・・⊰

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote 💜

HAPPY READING💖

soulserenity's