Chapter 26- The Ball

Author's pov

"Look, Xavier, you've turned me into a psycho in your love but don't worry soon you're gonna be mine just mine," Ana said and started laughing like a maniac. Her phone's ringing diverted her attention, she picked up the call and her smirk went wide after hearing the other person on call.

"Let's do what you've said"

"Then let' do it, Andrea" Ana replied and cut the call with a smirk on her face while Judy entered inside her room and was horrified to see her daughter's condition, for her, Rose is the main reason behind her daughter's maniac behavior but to save her daughter she was ready to stop her obsession towards Xavier she took a deep breath and said, "Stop ruining yourself Ana I can't see you like this, let that bitch have him". Ana immediately turned around and pressed the knife on her mother's neck making her eyes wide in fear and said: "You know what mom if I want Xavier then I will have him for that I can kill anyone, even you so it's better for you if you stop coming in my way". Judy nodded slowly in fear while looking at her daughter whose eyes were filled with nothing but a deadly obsession. She instantly ran away as soon as Ana left her.

Ana again looked at Xavier's pictures with her bloodshot eyes and said "You know Xavier, your both fake and real wives are stupid bitches one is ready to kill for you while the other is ready to get destroyed for you but don't worry in the end, there will be only two of us just you and me" and started laughing while stabbing Rose picture with a knife.

Today is the ball and I had to go with that devil in human disguise

Today is the ball and I had to go with that devil in human disguise. I never wanted to go with him, especially with the title of fake Mrs. Romano which is enough to open my wounds, I am totally helpless because he knows that I will do anything to save Jacob and he is taking advantage of it by threatening me but somewhere I know no matter how much I try but I can never hate him because he is the only man I've ever loved and the irony is that he's the one who gives me pain and also he's the one who can take my pain away and I hate it, totally hate him for having so much of control on me, but I hate myself more that I let that happen even that forehead kiss was enough to blow my senses away and that soft look in his gray eyes just like before our marriage whom I used to adore the most. I immediately put my thoughts together when I heard a knock on my door, as I expected beauticians came in because these rich people can't afford to dim their light in limelight. I sat in front of the vanity when beauticians started doing my makeup. After they did my makeup and hair I look at myself in the mirror and was wondering if it is what it means to look beautiful, surely I was looking beautiful in the black mermaid spaghetti dress hugging my curves with a high slit, my hair was open in soft wavy curls, my red lips, long dangling earrings, and black heels were completing the look.

I slowly went downstairs not wanting to fall in heels, I was able to feel someone's gaze but I didn't bother to look at him because I know if I saw him then again this stupid heart of mine will start beating loudly. He forwarded his hand in front of me, I hesitatingly took his hand and went inside his car the whole time I could feel his heated gaze the whole time.

My body started shivering due to the illuminating light of the cameras, and my palms turned sweaty due to nervousness but Xavier wrapped his arms assuringly around my waist and lead me inside the ball. As expected, luxury, people with expensive clothes makeup, jealousy, and fake smiles which I hate the most.

"Stay here, I'll get you something to drink," Xavier said and I nodded. I was looking around, and I was wondering how all these can pretend this much, just running behind luxury and pretentious behavior everything is just out of my understanding. My thoughts halted when I heard someone clear his throat, I looked at him, he was a handsome green-eyed and raven-haired man around Xavier's age. He extended his hand towards me, and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Can I have a dance with you, Bella?" the man said maybe after realizing my confusion before I could say anything Xavier pulled me from my waist towards him making my eyes widen in surprise.

"I'm sorry Mr. Bianchi but I would like to dance with my wife first," Xavier said by emphasizing the word wife even though I didn't look at him for once but his voice was enough to run a chill down anyone's spine.

"Yes, yes of course Mr. Romano". the green-eyed guy said and chuckled nervously while Xavier started dragging me to the dance floor. He immediately pulled me towards himself, his arm was snaked around my waist while mine rested on his chest. The whole ballroom's lighting went dim while the spotlight was falling on us. His breath was fanning my face, my heart was beating widely, and our bodies were moving slowly with the music

"You're looking absolutely gorgeous Rose" Xavier mumbled huskily near my ear, I immediately looked up, and his eyes soften as soon as our eyes locked with each other. His gaze fell on my lips, and my heart started beating loudly. Our noses were touching each other and finally, our lips met each other. He was kissing me softly, maybe this once I could be selfish, maybe for this moment, he could mine. With these thoughts, I started kissing him back, and my hands ran into his soft hair making him groan. He licked my lower lips asking for permission and without any thought I granted, our tounges met each other making my body turn into jelly. Our kiss broke when we heard loud applause. 

But reality hit me hard like a slap how could I do this, how can I kiss him? Tears started pooling in my eyes and I immediately ran away due to shame, ashamed of myself that I again let my tormentor invade my heart. I could hear Xavier's voice behind me but I didn't stop. I was silently crying in the corner of the vacant corridor. I pressed my palms to muffle my cries but suddenly a rock came inside shattering the glass window making me jerk in fear. The rock was wrapped inside the paper. I slowly crouched down and picked up the rock. I unwrapped the paper and what I read made my heart race.

"If you want to know where is Jacob then come outside"

Without any second thought, I ran outside the ball, because at this time my utmost priority is to save Jacob and then Xavier will not be able to threaten me. I was running outside while huffing and screaming Jacob's name. The last thing I heard was Xavier screaming my name then,

*Bang*

⊱・・✿・・⊰

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote 💜

HAPPY READING💖

soulserenity's