Chapter 52(i)- Unveiling the past

The closure I am getting the more my heart is dropping in fear

The closure I am getting the more my heart is dropping in fear. I don't know there is some unknown fear in my heart like something will happen soon but at this time my first priority is to save Ana. I don't know why I am doing this after all the things she had done to me but I know one thing for sure if something happens to her I won't be able to take the guilt my whole life. This whole time I was just wishing that Xavier see my texts.

The arrived signal of the GPS halted in front of the abandoned building. My legs were shivering my forehead was covered with sweat, and my breathes were heavy. I was scared, the crackling sound of dried leaves under my shoes was the only sound I could hear. 

"Ana?" I said or screamed many times but no answer. My whole body stood frozen when I felt movement behind me and the crackling sound of leaves was evident that I was not hallucinating. I slowly turned around and turned on my cellphone's flashlight but no one was there. At this moment I was chanting prayers in my mind.

"Rose, help me" I immediately turned towards the voice and saw Ana coming towards me with stumbling steps. I quickly held her preventing her from falling, her expressions were no less than mine.

"We'll talk about this later, Ana but first we need to get out of here this place is not safe". I said and started walking toward the main entrance. I looked behind when I realized that she was not following me. The fear on her face is long gone, her lips were curled into the same smile she used to give me watching me crying over my ill fate.

A needle pricked my neck and everything went black.

Everything was blurred and the beeping sound in my ears was the only thing I could hear. My vision slowly started clearing all I could see was Xavier on their knees and his hands were tied with heavy chains, his head was bleeding. His whole body was covered with wounds like it was slashed with a knife. No matter how much I want to try and run to him, screaming his name but my body felt paralyzed and I couldn't even lift my finger all I could do is to witness everything. My heart was beating loudly that I could hear it. The feeling of helplessness was making me frustrated that all I could do was silently shedding my tears and watch him suffer and hear his screams.

"What have you done to her bastard"? Xavier screamed while struggling to get rid of the chains.

"Nothing much, just temporarily paralyzed her wanting to make sure she feels the same as always, helpless" The voice came to my ears and my whole world went upside down it was Uncle. I was too numb to think anything but the sinister smile on his face was the real him all this time which was hidden behind his fake affection for him. I was shaken up to my core and I couldn't even imagine how much painful it is for Xavier.

The anger inside me was too much when he started coming toward me, his smirk was piling up my rage. He crouched down to level and said "Wanna hear something puttana, I'm sure my dear nephew was also dying to hear. The great story of love and sacrifice".he said with a nasty smirk on his face. I was scared, so scared for Xavier thinking of the layers of the past which are gonna be unveiled.