Chapter 30- "Giving a chance?"

The chirping sound of birds made my eyes slowly open, my body felt relaxed

The chirping sound of birds made my eyes slowly open, my body felt relaxed. I slowly looked up and found the person who was the reason behind my relaxed sleep, Rose. After a long time, I was able to sleep peacefully without any nightmares and without any worry just because of her. My head was still on her lap while she is still asleep, I would be lying if say that I don't want to wake up like this. No matter how much I say but she never fails to look more enchanting maybe a little more every day. I chuckled inwardly at my thoughts and slowly sit up not wanting her to wake up. My lips turned into a slight smile when I remembered last night.

Flashback

"I..I am sorry Xa..Xavier because of me you are like this, I am sorry for not co..coming before I didn't know how I will face you. As long as I will stay with you, you will be in danger only, my presence will ruin you" She said while sobbing my heart pained, she can never ruin me she is the only one who makes me serene, alive, and sane. She pecked my forehead again and was about to leave me but I hold her wrist. At that time I just want her, I don't care if I am being selfish but I need her that was all I know and said ...

"Don't go"

"You...you're awake," she said but I just kept on looking and our silence was enough to exchange our emotions somewhere we both are riding the same boat in which we both are floating without knowing the destination just like our relationship. We both just stared at each other, she slowly walked towards me and sat on the bed and made my head lay on her lap. Her fingers were slowly running through my hair. I think this is what people called heaven, never knew that in this insane life of mine there is something that can keep me sane, and soon I fell into a deep slumber.

Flashback ends

I scoot closure towards her, my eyes just wandering over her face, how stupid I was that I was not able to see her innocence and ruined her in the worst way but I promise you that I will make everything right. I just kept on staring at her face like a creep my face scrunched in annoyance when her brown hair strands were blocking my view. I slowly tucked her hair strand behind her ear 

"What are you doing to me, Rose?" I whispered and planted a kiss on her forehead. Her eyes scrunched and she slowly opened her eyes and stare into my eyes for a few seconds but immediately stood and started looking everywhere but me. I think I really creeped her out, but then I noticed her cheeks were red but why, and then I realized I didn't have my shirt on.

I cleared my throat and said "Help me"

"A...Ah yes" she came forward but soon her eyebrows furrowed in confusion "but in what?" she asked.

cute

what the heck? I definitely didn't hit my head, right?

"Help me in putting on the shirt, I don't want nurses and doctors to ogle on my body," I said but she just stared at me with what-the-fuck-look and, I just cleared my throat to hide my embarrassment like seriously this is not usually me.

"Narcissist"  she mumbled making my eyes widen.

"Did you..did you just say something?" I asked in disbelief but she just negatively nodded like she had just been caught red-handed and immediately started helping me.

"You know I am hurt can you please little gentle," I teased her with a stoic expression.

"How would I help you if you keep on whining like a child," she said with a pout. Did she really call me a child, a child really?

"Child, huh?" I asked and pulled her closure by her wrist and she landed on my lap and again that staring at each other eyes like we staring at each other souls but guess what I didn't last long. She immediately stood up when we heard someone clear his thought.

"Am I interrupting something?" Sam asked while wiggling his eyebrows.

"No...it's not like...I..I'll just leave," she said and ran away with lightning speed while I was just looking here and there to avoid his stupid grin. I know what is coming to his brain runs faster than horses.

"I did not know the most eligible bachelor Xavier Romano could whin like a child that too in front of a girl, huh? he said and I choked my own saliva, he heard everything.

"What Xavier why are you red, wait by any chance are you blushing?" he said 

"NO, JUST SHUT UP, AND LISTEN" I screamed in a flustered state.

"Ok ok chill brother," he said while raising his hands in the air.

"Uncle came to meet me yesterday and he is so adamant to complete our revenge on her. I'm sure he will not stay silently". I said.

"So what are you going to do?" he asked.

"I'll protect her, this time I won't let anything happen to her. We can't trust anyone now not even our uncle according to him Rose can be Alex's illegitimate daughter with one of his whores." I said with a sigh.

"Yeah, it's definitely possible, I don't know but something always feels about this whole thing". he said 

"I know, I feel like I am shooting in dark without knowing where to aim. I came to the same end as years ago when I don't know what to do. I will complete this revenge but not from Rose but who is really behind my misery" I said while Sam nodded in agreement.

"Anyways did you find, who tried to kill Rose?" I asked

"No we are still searching for him," he said

"For a goddamn sake, this is the second time when someone tried to kill her and we are still empty-handed. I will definitely lose my mind if this happens another time. Make sure to increase security around the mansion, especially around her". I said and he nodded.

"Alright, I will take care of it," he said and turned around to leave but stopped mid-way.

"Bro, I want to say one thing before leaving," he said

"What now?" I asked in a frustrated tone.

"The way you look at her I am damn sure you are going to be whipped soon," he said and my heart literally ride the roller coaster.

"W..What look?" I asked while avoiding his gaze.

"With love," he said making my face scrunch in disbelief.

"Don't start again Sam, I already told you many times that I am unable to love anyone" I said with a stoic expression.

"You know Xavier, we humans are very greedy creatures and god gives blessings rarely to us and we should not let it go because some blessings never come back again. Give yourself and your blessing a chance" he said while patting my shoulder and left, I was just standing numb to understand anything fighting my heart and brain battles.

"Giving a chance?"

⊱・・✿・・⊰

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote 💜

HAPPY READING💖

soulserenity's