Chapter 39- Uncovering the past

Author's pov

(a few hours ago)

Xavier and Sam were sitting outside the ward leaving Andrea and Rose inside. Sam was looking at Xavier worriedly who was sitting while holding his throbbing head lost in deep thought his scrunched forehead obviously acknowledging that he is in deep thought.

Sam looked at Xavier and said, "What are you thinking so deeply Xavier?"

"Nothing just worried for Andrea" Xavier replied to which Sam inaudibly sighed and replied, "Xavier you might be worried for Andrea but you know you can't lie to me I know you since we were kids."

"To end all this Sam. I am thinking about ending this revenge as soon as possible with the blood of that bastard William the more I'm being patient and waiting for the right the more it's getting twisted, and nasty not just for me but for Rose also she is also suffering Sam. If you ask me before I might not be saying this but now things are different I care for her even if it is because I am guilty" Xavier said while Sam was silently listening to his friend he knows Xavier more than Xavier knows himself clearly understanding what his friend is feeling for Rose is not just guilt but something more which he is not able to acknowledge. He's scared for him if he is ever able to understand his own feelings before it's too late.

"Xavier what you are thinking I totally understand but don't do something reckless in emotions most importantly Rose still doesn't know about William even we don't know the whole truth also and what if your impatientness will result will create more distance between you two," Sam said with concern while Xavier was standing unfaded zoned out in his thinking making Sam more concerned about him.

Xavier may be standing unfaded in front of Sam but deep down his mind and heart were fighting a battle. Rose's hatred was enough to slash his heart but letting her go away from him was like losing the last straw of his hope and sanity but eventually, his brain won the war he took a last glance at Sam and said before leaving "get him to the dungeon".

Xavier took long strides towards the long strides towards his car bitting his inner cheeks to stop his tears and started driving his grip was tightened around the steering leaving his knuckles white soon his car halted in front of the cemetery he closed the car's door with a loud thud and went inside sitting in front of father and mother's grave.

Victoria Romano and Alessandro Romano

Xavier slowly caressed his parent's name with his fingers with silent sobs but soon his sobs turned into cries letting out all the pain that he had bottled up inside him. "Mom, dad wh...why you both had to lea..leave me alone. I'm t..tired of fighting, fighting w..with my fate my heart everything. Why ev..everyone had to l..leave me first I l..lost both of you and know I had to l..let go my only hope, why she w..want to stay w..with a man like me w..who ruined her to no extent wh..who just gave her pain fr..from the moment he m..met her. I..I can't be the selfish mom I..I can't be more selfish." The noon had turned into the night but Xavier was driving lifelessly in his car soon he reached the mansion after wiping the lone tear from his eyes. He went inside but his phone rang making his steps halt.

"Xavier, Alex is here our men have beaten him into a pulp but this bitch is not spitting anything," Sam said on call making Xavier more furious "this William is calling his death" Xavier screamed and ran towards his study oblivious that someone has already heard him and following him quietly.

Xavier was beating Alex mercilessly because what Alex said was enough to unleash the beast inside him but the crashing sound stopped his torture. He was shocked or more scared to see Rose in the dungeon disgust was clearly visible on her face making him gulp in fear thinking if this disgust is for him but her next words somewhat slowed the hurricane inside him.

"How could you sa..say something like the..this, aren't you ev..even ashamed to comm..commit such a in..inhumane act you m..monster. I am...ashamed to be your da...daughter, I ho..hope you will ne..never find solace" Rose said while sobbing but Alex just chuckled without a wrinkle of regret on his face which made her disgust and hate way more for him but that hate soon vanished on her face with Alex's words.

"Daughter? Father? Xavier, you didn't tell your little birdie, oh that's sad you were searching everything like a dog but still was not able to find about her but don't worry I'll make your work easy dear son-in-law" Alex said but Xavier punched him hard not wanting to let her know the whole truth to which he was also unaware. He was scared and somewhere knew that the reality might shatter her completely.

Rose just stood still registering his words and the truth which even Xavier didn't tell her she was scared, scared to her wits thinking what destiny had planned to shatter her again but she decided no matter what she is not going to run away anymore not going to blame her fate anymore. She is going to fight, by gathering all her courage she asked "Who am I?" to which Xavier just pleaded with her with his eyes not to go ahead but now she is not going to back off. Soon Xavier realized there is no way he can stop her, it's her right to know not knowing the truth will blow out his senses itself.

Alex smirked at the couple and continued "You are not my daughter, Rose. You are my brother Adrian and his wife Layla's daughter. Your father and I were twins our faces might be similar but our personalities were poles apart. Your father was always an intelligent and obedient child while I was always a dumb and unworthy child to our parents. He got everything in his life a beautiful wife, money, and friend like Alessandro Romano but I was like a beggar in front of your father begging him for money to fill my and my kids' stomach when I started drowning in dept because of my gambling your father refused to give me anything. I was furious beyond furious I just wanted to choke him alive with my bare hands but one day I heard your father and Alessandro's conversation in which they were talking about keeping money, not money but lots of money in Alessandro's safe in his house. I knew that that was it to get everything I ever wanted and was enough to live lavishly for my next seven generations also but my bitch of a brother got to know everything and warned me and obviously my fake apologies and tears made that fool believe me. For getting that money I had to get rid of that Adrian and that's what I did I blasted his car but fortunately Xavier your father married leaving my work easier. How can I explain that feeling I saw their bodies burning in the flames that scene is still fresh like tomorrow." Alex said with a victorious smirk on his face.

"You son of a bitch". Xavier screamed and started throwing punches at him furiously Giovanni and Sam hold him back while Rose stood numb in her place.

Alex spotted blood and said with a smirk "oh boy more in..interesting things are still left to hear" Xavier was again going to beat him but Rose held his wrist and whispered, "let h..him complete".

"Exactly Xa..Xavier" Alex mocked while chuckling and continued "When I confirmed that those two bastards were not in my way anymore I headed to Romano's mansion where I saw your mother Xavier, Victoria ahh that woman still gives me boner funny right? but that's how she was. I savored her every corner and cherry on the top her protruding belly and swollen tits did wonder to her figure but still, that bitch was not ready to tell me safe's password even when she was half dead but guess what made your mother break her silence her own motherhood. You tell me which mother liked her son to visit heaven before her and I flew away with the money and me getting caught, Nah trust me there's nothing you can't buy with money. Now let's come to your mother Rose, when this all happened your mother was pregnant with you but I killed her soon after you were born and I had to bear your disgusting presence my whole life just to get the money your father had put under your name which you gonna get when you turned twenty-one. Even if I didn't get your money but the taste of yo...".

Before he could say anything further the loud noise of a gun shot echoed and blood oozed out from Alex's forehead.

⊱・・✿・・⊰

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote 💜

HAPPY READING💖