Chapter 47- Monster

All these months were the toughest for me losing the people I thought were mine, a man I loved and adorned with my every fiber, and I still do

All these months were the toughest for me losing the people I thought were mine, a man I loved and adorned with my every fiber, and I still do. Leaving him behind was like losing my own existence, I tried to be happy watching the sun rising to start my day with it and sleeping watching the moon peeking through the clouds trying to be happy but that happiness never reached my heart, my heart was just left with the coldness and loneliness but when I saw him yesterday I felt different or should I say the same deja vu when I first saw him. Today's sunrise brought warmth to my heart. 

I didn't realize when my feet were brought in front of the window, my eyebrows scrunched in confusion looking at a red balloon hovering in front of my window and an envelope caught my attention tied to it. My hands slowly reached for the letter and untied it from the balloon, the envelope was adorned with small red hearts, and my fingers gently traced the pattern taking the letter out.

~Good morning beautiful,                                                                                                                        

 Hope you slept well, I did well, after a long time just because of you. Thank you for bringing my peace back to my life and I know you must be angry with me but remember I am also willing to melt that coldness around your heart with my love. I wanted to say all this in person but your grandma scares me more than anything I don't want my ass to get thrashed again. Don't forget to eat your breakfast, I wish for each second to pass soon so I can be there with you. See you soon.

~Have a nice day, amore *wink*

I was so drowned in reading to realize I was smiling the whole time. Just some words of love with sincerity bring more happiness than anything and I know his every word is laced with sincerity and determination just like I saw in his eyes yesterday. I don't know how long I will be able to keep myself away from him, call me stupid or whatever but this time I want him to come to me for this time I want to stop running behind him, confessing my love for him. Is it stupid of me to expect him to chase me? The answer is no, I walked my share of the path to him now it's his turn to walk his share to me.

Placing the letter safely inside the drawer I went downstairs after taking the last glimpse of myself. I smiled looking at grandma again scolding grandpa maybe she had caught him stealing the sweets again and as usual grandpa is looking down like a child after getting caught stealing. If someone asks what is the real definition of love that would be grandpa and grandma. They lost their only son in the accident and it's been more than ten years but still, they both held each other strong making each other happy forgetting their sorrows moving ahead, and cherishing each other and their present.

"Oh dear, you're here look at your grandpa he was again stealing sweets," grandma said still glaring at grandpa, and at last I couldn't hold my smile. I went to grandpa and held his hands in mine and said "you know grandpa stealing is not a good thing but you also know how much we are concerned for your health" grandpa nodded and smiled.

In these months I also found myself cooking and baking became my best stress relievers. It might be a small thing but for me, it's an inexpressible feeling when I see people enjoying the food I made. I was baking cookies when grandma came and asked "You alright sweety?" At first, I was confused then it clicked to me that she is concerned about me because of Xavier.

"I won't lie grandma at first I was startled to see him here but I am sure that a part of me was happy to see him it was like an unknown ache in my heart suddenly disappeared."

Grandma sighed and said "I know dear, I know how you felt but I was scared for you that he might hurt you again at that time only your tears and sleepless nights were all things I could remember and in fury I thrashed him. I already lost my one child I can't risk your life." Tears started gathering in my eyes looking at grandma like this but on another side, my heart swelled because of her affection and love for me.

I tightly hugged her and said, "Nothing is gonna happen to me grandma and how could something happen to me you're here to protect me with your rolling pin" she chuckled and lightly slapped my back. Making my people happy what could I ask for more in my life?

I broke the hug due to the continuous ringing of my phone, my eyebrows scrunched in confusion when I saw the incoming call from an unknown number. I hesitantly picked up the call.

"Hello?"

" How are you, Rose?" The voice is enough for me to acknowledge the person. Ana called me after all these months. I was still shocked to say anything and she knows it too, both of us were quiet not knowing what to say or not.

I inaudibly exhaled and said, "Why did you call me?" 

"I..I just want to talk Rose, can we pl..please meet?" 

I don't know if I did right to talk to her and I am feeling completely stupid that I am even going to meet her. My nails were scratching the skin of my thumb in anxiety maybe I am expecting an apology from her or a single reason to forgive her. Maybe I am expecting more but I want everyone happy in the end I want every one of us happy with no hatred not even love but at least respect for each other.

Ana is sitting in front of me looking everywhere but at me, we both are sitting in silence not knowing what to say at last I decided to break to silence "What you wanna talk about, Ana?".

She sighed and said "I got to know what dad did and I am really sorry for that Rose. I realized that I was also turning into a monster just like my father, I...I don't want to be like him, rose. I am really very sorry for what I have done. I am s----" I was just listening to her with a void expression before she could say any further a huge veiny hand firmly caught my wrist.  I looked up and found Xavier, he was breathing heavily while glaring at Ana that he will kill her in no time. I jerked my hand from his grip gaining his attention.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"That's what I should ask you," he said gritting his teeth he looked back at Ana "I dare you bitch, show up again in front of her I swear I will rip you apart".

"I just want to apologize, Xavier," Ana said.

"Apologise my foot. Even if there is no poison left in a snake, it does not forget to bite, bitch" Xavier said, his whole body shaking in anger.

"Like you are any less Xavier, once a monster will always be a monster when it unleashes and you'll always be a-----

monster".

⊱・・✿・・⊰

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote 💜

HAPPY READING💖