Chapter 28- Not mine

I was searching for Jacob but he was nowhere to be found, my heart was beating loudly and my chest was heaving with an unknown sensation like something bad is going to happen

I was searching for Jacob but he was nowhere to be found, my heart was beating loudly and my chest was heaving with an unknown sensation like something bad is going to happen. I turned around when I heard Xavier screaming my name, my eyes furrowed in confusion when I saw him running towards me, the only expression I was able to sense on his face was fear. Soon I was engulfed in his warm embrace in a tight grip but my mind went numb with the piercing sound of a gunshot, only the beeping sound was ringing in my ears. Xavier's whole body was shivering in my arms. My shivering hands reached to his waist to support him but my fingers brushed on fluid, I was continuously looking at my shivering hands covered in his blood, my mind was blank to register anything. His hand cupped my face making our eyes meet.

"Tha..Thank god you're fine," he said while whimpering in pain making me come out from my thoughts my eyes started clouding with tears. He got shot just to save me, and he was smiling while looking at me while I was feeling like someone sucked my soul from my body.

"Xa..Xavier you're shot". I said but his hand was slipping from my face, his grip loosened around me making my eyes widen in horror. His body was losing consciousness. I placed his head on my lap. I was continuously tapping his face to make him awake while my other hand was holding his wound tightly to stop the bleeding.

"Stay awake Xavier, I am here for you," I said while he just lightly smiled and nodded I was screaming his name but no help he had already lost his consciousness. Soon the ambulance arrived and I was crying a mess while tightly holding his hand. Part of me was dying to see him like this, at that moment I just wanted him to take me in his embrace like always. He was lifelessly laid on the stretcher and taken inside the operation theatre. I was sitting outside just praying to god, I was begging for his life. I was ready to accept every pain, I was ready to accept my ill fate with him but in return, I just wanted him back to me. 

I was sobbing loudly but soon my sobs turned into loud cries when Sam engulfed me in a hug. He was stroking my head to make me calm.

"Are you okay Rose?" he asked and I nodded.

"Did you see the shooter's face?" he asked but I just nodded negatively.

"He..He's gonna fine right?" I asked 

"Don't worry Rose he's gonna fine, it's nothing in front of what he had experienced in his life". he said but my mind was just occupied with one person to think about anything else. It has been one hour and his surgery is still going. Sam and I immediately ran toward the doctor when we saw him coming out of the OT.

"How is he doctor, he is gonna fine right"? I said

"Relax Mrs. Romano he is fine, we have removed the bullet and we are shifting him to the VIP ward, he will gain consciousness soon and I think you should go and meet him he was just mumbling your name in half-consciousness." the doctor said making me sigh in relief. I immediately ran towards his ward and found him lying peacefully. I sat in front of him and hold his hand in mine.

"Why did you do it, Xavier? Why are you making everything hard for me? Why are you so hard to understand? I tried everything to hate you, but I just can't. What is our relationship that we can't even love each other or hate? You should have let me die there your vengeance will be over. I just, I just can't understand you. Do you like me to get ma..mad at you always, if you don't wa..wake up soon then I will run away I'm tell...telling you". I said while crying, but my cries soon halted when Andrea dragged me out of the room by holding my wrist.

"I told you didn't I, huh? I told you, you are ruining him, and look he's already lying lifelessly on the bed. I'm begging you Rose stay away from him please let us be happy I can't see him like this. As long as you'll stay by his side he will be in danger". Andrea said while crying her eyes were shot red. Am I really the cause of everything? It's true he is like this just because me, I should just go away from him as far as possible. I wiped my tears and said "Don't worry Andrea I promise I will go away as far as possible soon but for now, I have no option but to stay.

"You wi..will?" Andrea asked and I just nodded.

"Mr. Romano has gained the consciousness you can meet him". The nurse said and Andrea immediately ran inside the ward while I was just looking at him from outside the window. She was tightly hugging him and crying but my heart, it hurts. You have to accept Rose she is his legal wife whereas I am just another woman or a scapegoat in this gave of vengeance. We are bound to each other because of the ill fate we were never meant for each other, I was never the one for him. How could he love someone who is the daughter of the murderer of his parents?

"You should go and see him," Sam said, I didn't realize he was standing beside me watching my pathetic situation.

"No y..you go I will see him later," I said 

"You know Rose when two people are made for each other, even if they ignore each other or pretend they don't exist but deep down they both know their hearts yearn for each other. So listen to your heart, it will lead you to the correct path." Sam said and went inside after giving me the last glance while I was still registering his words. I put my hand on my heart which was beating loudly, even if my heart is yearning for him but it does not change the reality that..

He's not mine

⊱・・✿・・⊰

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote 💜

HAPPY READING💖

soulserenity's