Chapter 37- Memories and apologies

Rose pov

"C..Can I hug you, Rose...for the last time" Jacob whispered, and Rose gently smiled wrapping her arms around him, he hugged her back while crying.

"I..I am sorry" he said and ran out of her room.

He left, running away from me. Since I met him he was always there to support me which I still appreciate but what he did now was enough for separating our pathways. Moreover, it still hurts to know that my own sister was plotting everything against me. I know that she was never happy because of my marriage with Xavier and I totally understand that because she has feelings for him but I didn't know that her feelings would turn into a toxic obsession that she would not hesitate to harm anyone, she forgot her blood relations to achieve her motives maybe blood is not always thicker than water. I sighed and slowly opened my fist and looked at the pendant in my hand. How could I forget this, this is the part of the most beautiful memories in my mind which are still intact in my mind and soul.

flashback

It was already two noon, and my heart was beating loudly because Xavier is coming to pick me up for our wedding shopping and I am hella excited. I don't know but in front of him, my all excitement hid behind in front of my red cheeks and loud heartbeat. I saw Ana was looking at me with a disgusted expression but I decided to avoid her because right now I don't want to ruin my mood because of her. I immediately ran outside my house as soon as I heard the horn and saw him leaning in his car with his hand folded on his chest and those shades god this man will be the death of me, I inwardly chuckled and slowly took steps towards him and found him smirking and I know why he knew that I was checking him out and that was enough for me to turn into a tomato.

He slowly leans towards me and whispered near my ear "I love it when you blush, get in before I kiss the hell out of you" my eyes opened like saucers after listening to him. I immediately went inside the car with a loud beating heart and blushed cheeks. I heard his chuckle before he hopped inside. Damn this man surely knows how to make me flush, for the whole ride I had a constant smile on my face. We went inside many malls and showrooms and got to know that this man is filthy rich he bought the whole showroom seriously. We ate, we laughed, and we talked I guess this day is added to one of my favorite days.

"Let's go you must be tired," he said but I nodded deep inside I was sad because I have to say goodbye to him till our wedding. I looked through the window my eyebrows frowned.

"Xavier, I think we are going the wrong way," I said, he looked at me with a smile and said "Patience amore, I am not letting you go home that easily" internally I was blooming with happiness, because with him my every second seems less. He went out of the car and opened the gate for me, I stepped out and saw a beautiful sunset in front of me I slowly took steps towards the balcony and hold it tightly, the air was caressing my hair slowly giving relief to my soul. I was busy admiring the view in front of me when I felt a cold feeling on my neck, I looked down and found a beautiful Rose shaped pendant on my neck. I slowly turned around and saw him gently smiling at me.

"Xavier this-" I said but stopped in between when I saw his initials on the back of the pendant, he cupped my face and said "So you will remember you are mine" my eyes were ready to shed tears, I was beyond happy and joyed to have him as my husband till my last breaths. I hugged him tightly to make sure that I am not dreaming.

flashback ends

I chuckled because I was stupid enough to get fooled with fake smiles and some words. I immediately wiped my tears when I heard the knock on my door.

"Come in," I said and Isabelle came in and bowed her head and said "Ma'am, sir wanted to see you, driver is waiting for you downstairs," she said bowed, and went out. I was still in a daze thinking about why he suddenly wanted to see me, especially outside the mansion. I stood up and changed my clothes and went outside and sat inside the car. I cleared my throat to gain his attention.

"Umm, what is your name?" I asked

"Andre ma'am" he replied.

"Mr. Andre where are you taking me and why Xavier wants to meet me outside?". I asked

"I am afraid ma'am that I can tell you," he said and to which I sighed and waited to reach the destination where he was taking me.

The car stopped in front o the hospital. So many wild thoughts were roaming inside my mind if something happened to him or whatnot. I immediately went inside and found Sam already standing there, at that moment my heartbeat really stopped when I saw his whole shirt was covered in blood. I was horrified by thinking if its Xavier's blood.

"Xa..Xavier, is he alright?" I asked while whimpering 

"He's alright Rose but for now I want you to come with me," he said and took me towards the VIP ward where I saw Xavier sitting outside the ward. I looked at both of them confused when they both nodded while looking at each other.

"Let's go," Xavier said and took me inside where I saw Andrea sitting on the bed with no emotion. I was shocked to see her condition, a bandage was wrapped around her head, her one leg and hand had plaster and most importantly her eyes were red and swollen like she has been crying for a long time.

"Andrea?" Sam said to which, and Andrea looked towards him and said "take Xavier with you, I want to talk with Rose in person" I was looking at them like a dumb not understanding anything about what is going on and how Andrea got hurt. Andrea tried to hold my hand and I immediately retract my hand from her hold. No matter what she did and said is still fresh in her mind. 

"I know Rose what I did was absolutely wrong, somewhere I knew that Xavier can never love me but you know heart, my heart was not ready to accept the truth. I became a kill..killer to have him. I took the life of an innocent ch..child unknowingly and still, I said those harsh words for you and your child. But after my accident I got to know that karma is real your deeds come back to you and you had to pay the price of your deed, I took your child's life, and look god took m..my right to h..have a child. Now I truly real.. realize how you may have felt. I a..am truly sorry Rose, please forgive me, ple..please fo..forgive me". She said while crying, a lone tear fell from my eyes seeing her like this. 

She hold my hands in hers and said "I will go away far from everything, I will di..divorce him because I know my stubbornness had already ruined many things. I want him to be happy with you, I know he is cold, intimidating, and aggressive but trust me, Rose, he love..loves you. Even though he didn't confess but his eyes are evident and always searches for you. He suffered a lot Rose please bring that happy Xavier back I know only you can do that. This is the last thing I am asking, please Rose". she said while crying and I was standing like a dummy thinking if I am ready for this

⊱・・✿・・⊰

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote 💜

HAPPY READING💖

soulserenity's