xii. 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐨

"Come on, Sheeps

"Come on, Sheeps." Vance pushed her shoulder harshly the next morning. "You look ridiculous."

"I don't wanna study today." she argued, staying laid on her bed. "How'd you even get in my house?"

"Back door was unlocked." he shoved her again. "They're stupid kids. They'll come around."

Sarah ignored him, she didn't expect Vance to get it, but it annoyed her that he didn't. She exhaled. "I said I don't wanna talk."

"Well, you made me cancel my plans to go to Grab N Go and you bailed on my yesterday." he mocked her. "Every time we've been in your house, you bail on me. I'm sick of it. From now on, we're going back to studying at Grab N Go."

"Why? So you can pretend i'm not there and focus on your stupid game the whole time?!" he was pissing her off now, making her sit up with a glare. "Go to Grab N Go if you want to! I don't care!"

"Why are you yelling at me?! It's not my fault you got into a fight with a middle schooler!" he yelled back at her, they both got off the bed on sync.

"We didn't get in a fight, Billy got hurt because of me!" she yelled at him with a wave of her hands. "You don't understand how much of a dick his Dad is! I should have been there to get him from school but I was busy skipping school with you! Something I didn't even wanna do in the first place!"

"What are you even talking about?!" Vance was confused by the name she used. "Billy isn't here!"

"I'm not talking about Billy!" she hadn't even realized she said it, glaring harshly at her. "I'm talking about Finney!"

"So then why'd you say Billy?" his words made her realize she had, she didn't wanna yell after that. Sarah sat back down, Vance exhaled in disbelief. "Jesus christ, Sarah. Is this why you're so upset?"

"No, I am upset about Finney and Gwen." she said immediately, because she was. "Finney and I didn't get close like this until after Billy went missing. They remind me of each other."

Vance sat down too when she kept talking. "I love Finney. But I think I love him so much more now because it makes me feel like Billy is still here."

Vance could never understand Sarah the way he wanted to. Before he knew her, she was so plain and boring. Nothing seemed special about her, she just seemed there. Then, he found out she was a bit of a weirdo that wasn't scared of him. Now, he found out her best friend was likely dead and she found comfort in thinking he hadn't been by getting close with a kid she babysat.

Most of all, he didn't understand her because he really did care about Sarah. And that wasn't something that happened much. Vance exhaled, patting her head. "They're not gonna stay mad at you, Sheeps. That would be impossible."

She laughed. "You're always mad at me."

"Yeah, but that's different." he shrugged his shoulders. "Still my Sheeps."