XLIV. 𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧. 𝐢 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓓𝓣𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR—
i didn't choose this town. i dreamt of getting out.

 i dreamt of getting out

"Woah." Leslie set her black coffee down early the next morning. The sun wasn't even up yet, but that's usually when her shift started. Her eyes focused on Sarah when the bedroom door opened. "Deja Vu."

Sarah smiled slightly. "I didn't realize I fell asleep."

"Must have been pretty tired." she offered her a cup as Sarah shook her head in denial. "You find something?"

Sarah held her free wrist up to show the leather bracelet, Robins bandana on the other. Leslie gave her a small smile. "Suits you."

Sarah exhaled and rubbed her eyes. "How long until you move?"

"Todays my last day at work, leaving at the end of the week." she nodded with pursed lips, hating the feeling she got in her stomach. "Can't believe i'm taking off the second you get back."

"No, this will be good for you. Georgia will be nice." Sarah leaned against the counter. "Plus, i'm not gonna be here for much longer. Just...need to make sure my friend is gonna be okay."

"That little Blake boy?" she questioned as Sarah nodded her head. "He was friends with Robin?"

"Yeah, really close friends." Sarah chewed on the inside of her mouth, wishing she had some gum on her. "We're on thanksgiving break at school anyways so I think it's okay that i'm here."

Leslie touched her hand. "Are you sure?"

Sarah was almost offended at how every single person she'd spoken to had asked if it was smart she was here. But, in the back of her mind, she knew the entire city of Denver portray a version of herself that shocked more then just the ones closest to her. Sarah shook her head. "I have to be here."

Leslie circled the counter and pulled her into a very needed hug. She hugged her so tightly, held into her for as long as she needed to. Sarah laid her head down on her shoulder, even though she'd been shorter. Her arms held onto her waist and her eyes shut. Sarah loved her Mom, but Ella struggled with physically affection. She hugged her every now and then, but it just wasn't something she was a fan of. Sarah never pushed her, she respected her boundaries. But to be in a mothers arms was maybe something Sarah needed.

Not the arms of a thirteen year old girl, not the arms of a middle aged man, a mother figures arms. There was something different about it, a sense of comfort Sarah needed in a time like this.

That wasn't the only thing that felt was different that day.

Sarah had left the Hopper house and walked to the police station to get her Dad to drive her to the Blakes. There was a rustle as was, a frantic feeling. Police cars were gone, their sirens echoing all around town and returning back from the hours of the night. Even later, years late, Sarah couldn't truly remember what her Dad said to her when she walked in. It was quiet, like he was talking with no words, like everything was moving in complete and total slow motion.