XLII. 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐫-𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓓𝓣𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER FORTY TWO—
with sunset on your face in my rear-view.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓓𝓣𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER FORTY TWO—with sunset on your face in my rear-view

Mr.Yamada answered the door.

His expression when he saw Sarah was unmatched. He had so much hit him all at once. He immediately knew she knew, he could tell by her face. He'd just heard about Robin, too. He broke at the sight of her, shaking his head as the tears fell. She'd never seen him cry, it fucking killing her. They hugged and everything still sucked, but it had felt a little better. Twenty-Two long months, she forgot how much he made her feel at home. "I'm so sorry."

"I'm sorry for lying to you." she couldn't be mad at him the way she was her Dad. Her Dad owed it to her to be honest. Maybe he was trying to protect her, but he hadn't been able to save Billy or Vance, the least he could have done was tell her Bruce was gone too. Mr.Yamada was a different story though. He should have never lied to her, but this was his son. This was the kid he raised and watched blossom with Sarah. Plus, she just couldn't be angry at him as he cried into her shoulder. "I just wanted to protect you."

Sarah put her hand on the back of his head and squeezed her eyes shut. "I thought he was mad at me this whole time."

"Oh, Sarah. He could have never been mad at you." he pulled back with a sniffle, cupping her face to wipe her eyes rather then his own. "We started to put his posters up again. We just...we wanna believe he's still out there. But, then Robin-"

"I know." Sarah exhaled in a shaky manor. "This is all just so....messed up."

"He was just sitting in my class on Friday. His hand was all bloody, he sits right were you use to sit." they sat down on the couch as he sniffed. "He said he fought some kid that was shit talking. I don't even know what that means, but he wrapped his knuckles in tape and asked me for some honey."

Sarah laughed sadly as she cried at the same time. "Vance taught him that one."

"Sarah." his eyes watered as he placed his hands on her face again. "Do you think you should be here?"

"I have to be." she met his eye. "For Robin...and now for Bruce too."

He shook his head, Sarah felt like every tear that left his eyes were Bruce's tears that day at the rock. "If another boy was taken, that can't-"

He didn't finish his sentence, but she knew what he was going to say. If another boy went missing, there was no way the one before was still alive.

"We're gonna figure all of this out." she held his hand with a nod, settling her cries to be able to speak and keep it together for his sake. "Whoever's doing this, whoever is taking my boys from me, i'm gonna figure it out. Their not gonna go unforgotten, I can promise you that."

"I know you will." he sniffled and stared at her. "But, you have to promise me, Sarah. Promise me right now. You can't do what you did last time. You can't hurt yourself. We can't afford to loose you, too. If this is all too much....I can bring you back to Aspen."