XIX. 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟

Vance had agreed to meet Sarah at the Drive In

Vance had agreed to meet Sarah at the Drive In. The Missouri Banks was playing and she insisted they went. It didn't seem like a movie she'd enjoy, but it honestly just seemed like she wanted to do something. Vance came to the conclusion that as boring as he thought Sarah was, she genuinely felt the same about herself.

"How are the two of you getting there?" Vance's Mom asked as she hurried around their house, in a rush to get to her night shift.

"I don't know." Vance shrugged.

"Are you gonna walk her home?" she tripped while getting her shoe on.

"Probably." he shrugged his shoulders.

"What movie are you seeing?" she went in.

"I don't know." Vance repeated himself. "Something she picked out."

"Can I meet her?" she gave him a hopeful smile.

"Oh, no." Vance shook his head. "Nope, nope, nope."

"Why not? Are you embarrassed of me?" she gasped in disbelief.

"Why would you need to meet her? She's just my tutor." Vance shrugged his shoulders, though he'd been starting to question that. He knew they'd promoted to friends by now, but after the conversations a few weeks ago about their rumors of being together, he'd distanced himself some. She scared him with what she'd said, mainly because he was starting to think it was true.

"Well, you've been spending so much time with her." she gave a small shrug. "Is she cute?"

"No, she's annoying." Vance rolled his eyes.

"But, in a cute way?" she rose her eyebrows in return.

"I don't know!" Vance got to his feet. "She's got nice hair."

"Ah, so she is cute." Leslie confirmed, nodding her head as she tied her shoes. "What'd you say her last name was? Do I know her?"

"No, you don't." Vance avoided telling his mom that she was the daughter of one of the officers that often took him in. "I have to g-"

A knock.

Leslie gasped. "Is that her?"

"No, no, no." Vance tired to race her to the door but they ended up shoving and she'd gotten her hands on the knob first, yanking it open quickly as he tried to play it cool as if he wasn't fighting his Mom over a door. Sarah was looking over her shoulder before turning her gaze back to the two of them. "Hey."

"Hey." she smiled, looking to the blonde next to him. They looked alike, a lot alike. "Hi."

"Hi." Leslie smiled at her. "I like your hair."

"Really?" Sarah grinned, touching her curls. "The curls or how it's pulled up?"

She liked her hair too, especially after she spent an ungodly amount of time tangling her hands through the middle to tie some of it up at the top to look like she had a lot of volume. She was rocking a new style, but also a ridiculously large headache and tired arms. She was glad someone had mentioned it, she'd have been disappointed if no one did. "Both."