XXX. 𝐌𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

"A party?" Sarah gapped as she walked home from Grab N Go with Vance

"A party?" Sarah gapped as she walked home from Grab N Go with Vance. "A real party?"

"Yes, without teachers and party hats." he mocked her with a nod. "If we go, you can't be weird. You have to be cool."

"Oh, I can be cool!" Sarah laughed as she gave a wave of her hand. "I can rap the alphabet backwards. Doesn't get much cooler then that."

"Holy shit." Vance squeezed the bridge of his nose. "Okay, Sheeps, let me explain something to you. Your version of cool is....school cool. You think education is cool. Other people don't. No one thinks your way of cool is actually cool."

Sarah's jaw fell. "Not even you?"

"Not even me." he shook his head.

"Finney thinks school is cool." Sarah rolled her eyes. "And we happen to have plenty of space parties every single eclipse."

"Fine, then go spend the last day of summer with your middle school boyfriend talking about space while your high school boyfriend goes to a loud party with people actually our age." Vance shrugged his shoulders.

"There's not an eclipse tonight." Sarah rolled her eyes. "I just don't get why I have to be different to be cool. I think i'm pretty cool."

"You don't have to be different, I just don't want to have to hurt anyone because they make fun of how cool you are." Vance shrugged his shoulders.

Sarah nodded. "I guess that does make sense. Wouldn't want to ruin a good party with some unnecessary fist throwing."

"See. I knew you'd get it." he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to kiss the side of her head. "Tonight will be fun. Parties are fun...most of the time."

"Yeah, i've never been to a high school party." Sarah shook her head. "Just school parties and once a work party with Mr.Yamada. And my eclipse parties with Finney, then there was Gwen's birthday at the Drive-In. I also threw Billy a surprise birthday with a bunch of tomatoes I drew smily faces on. But, aside from that, never."

Vance exhaled and hid a smile. "Sounds like you're the life of the party, Sheeps."

"I can't believe this day has actually came." Gwen gushed as Sarah walked into her room with a bag. "I've been waiting for you to get invited to a party."

"Woah, thank you, Gwen." Sarah dropped the bag on the bed. "I was too afraid to get ready at home. My Dad would kill me if he knew I was going to a party. He has to break them up all the time."

"You're lucky Daddy is out, he'd kill you too." Gwen shook her head as she turned around so Sarah could change her clothes. "Are you gonna wear makeup?"

"What do you mean? I always wear makeup." Sarah shrugged her shoulders, pulling the new shirt over her head.

"Not your mascara, actual makeup. Like....eyeshadow and lipstick." Gwen gushed with dazzling eyes toward her wall. "And glitter on your face. Everyone always has glitter on their faces at these things. Can I turn around yet?"