XV. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

"Would you look at that? The ticketer is cute

"Would you look at that? The ticketer is cute." Sarah teased Robin as she walked over. She elbeked Vance. "Be nice."

He gave an eye roll. Robin grinned when Sarah got closer. "Hey, Sarah. How's it going?"

"It's going." she held her fist out, getting a pump. "You get a job?"

"Psh, no." he rolled hie eyes. "I'm covering for my uncle while he takes a smoke break."

"Gotta have those." Sarah shrugged, elbowing Vance again. "You remember, Vance? Hopper..."

"Sure, your boyfriend." Robin confirmed with a nod. "The entire middle school is talking about you guys."

"What'd you do?" Vance nodded to Robins wrapped knuckles.

"Moose was fucking with Gwen, knocked him on his ass." Robin grinned as he held his fist up.

"He was messing with Gwen?" Sarah gave a worried look.

"Put honey on them." Vance shrugged to Robin. "So they'll heal faster, dumbass."

"Honey?" Robin gave a questionable look. "That works?"

"Mhm." Vance rocked on his heels, Sarah hid a grin at their encounter. "If you tell anyone, i'll kick your ass."

"Lips are sealed." Robin nodded, hiding the same smile Gwen hid when Vance came to their house that one time. He shifted his gaze to Sarah. "Don't worry about Gwen. I've got her back."

"They doing okay?" Sarah asked hopefully.

"Dunno." Robin nodded inside of the gate. "Go see for yourself."

Sarah looked behind the gate and saw them together in the back of Robins uncles truck. She grinned widely, this being the first time she'd actually seen either of them since her big fight with Gwen. She handed the two tickets to Robin. "Thanks, Robin."

She linked her arm with Vances, pulling him with her as they walked in. "Do you like popcorn?"

"Only losers wouldn't like popcorn." he looked at her. "I'm surprised you do."

"Go get us one." Sarah slipped a ten into his vest pocket with a little push. "Mr.Yamada car is in the back. You remember what it looks like?"

"I'll find you there." he waved her off.

Sarah looked back toward Robins uncles truck, watching Gwen crawl out and run over to Amy. She preferred to get them alone anyways, two very different people. Finney would probably shrug it off and forgive her pretty quickly, Gwen would likely throw hands if she had the chance. Sarah waited until Gwen was completely out of view before walking over as Finney awkwardly sat alone and looked around anxiously.

"It's not a scary movie, you know?" Sarah's voice caught his attention, looking over as she walked up to the side. She had been pretty tall for a girl, taller then the majority of the girls in her grade and even some of the boys. Which, came in handy when she was able to lean over the side of the truck without jumping up. "You don't have to look so scared."