XXXIII. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓓𝓣𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE—
the cut that always bleeds.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓓𝓣𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER THIRTY THREE—the cut that always bleeds

tw: slight self harm.

Twenty-Four hours confirmed it all.

The police station took action, developing a story and a missing persons report. He was the third boy to disappear out of thin-air, making it connected and likely from someone in the community. They formed a warning for kids in the area, spreading the news quick. The twenty-four hour mark was the end of it for Sarah, it's what tore her apart in small pieces as she screamed and destroyed her entire room.

She couldn't handle it again, she couldn't. Her best friend, then the love of her life. Sarah wanted to hurt something, she wanted to wake up from this nightmare and have them both. She went to sleep in hopes of Billy replaying in her head. But, those were just memories, he couldn't tell her anything. Ella tried her hardest to be with Sarah, but she shoved her dresser and her bed against the door so no one could get in. Not even Bingo, who was scared of her right now.

Sarah sobbed as she sat on her floor, her back to her bed as she cried and cried and cried some more. Her fingers dug into the carpet, gripping onto it like that would bring Vance back. She opened up her closet door, her map to finding Billy. Sarah stared at it, trying to find a way to place Vance in on it now. All that did was hurt her worse, because that didn't do anything. It didn't bring Billy back to her, and it wouldn't bring Vance back.

Sarah screamed at the top of her lungs and yanked the papers off the closet, hitting the wood over and over until her fist broke through and her knuckles were covered in splintered. Her Mom hit her door and begged for her to answer, but Sarah didn't even hear her. She just crumbled up all her papers and broke her closet door, but that didn't help either. The rest of her room was already destroyed. Broken snow globes on the ground, picture frames shattered, the window had a crack in it, her posters ripped in half and crowding in the corner as if they were scared of her too. Her bed sheets were torn, feathers from her pillow cases crowding the room.

There was nothing else to destroy.

Sarah winced as she sat down, her hand digging into broken glass. She yanked it away, it was human nature to do so. Our bodies were designed to pull away and cradled ourselves at the feeling of pain, so that's exactly what she did. She clutched her hand, the little shards of glass sticking to her as she gently pulled them out. It stung each time she did so, letting them drop on the floor again. When she was done, Sarah stared at her bloody hand, staring at the little amount of blood.

Nothing was left to hurt except herself, so she shoved her palm into the broken glass as hard as she could.

Robin and Finney weren't sure why an assembly was being called on the second day of school, during first period. Finney looked around to try and spot Gwen, but she was likely across the gym on the other set of bleachers. Him and Robin sat together on the first row, near the end. He glanced back, Matty and his friends lucky no where near them. Robin shrugged. "What do you think they wanna tell us? Stop shoving homework in the toilets?"