XXXVIII. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠

۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓓𝓣𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
it's all wrong.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓓𝓣𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT—it's all wrong

Sarah went to school.

She finally went to fucking school. Granted, it was after hours and no one was there, but she still went. She walked to her locker, opening it up on the right side of the hallway. It made a loud noise in the silent school as she grabbed a couple of her books. She took her work form her backpack and brought it to each of her teachers so they could have it. It wasn't perfect, she was still doing terrible, but it was better then nothing.

"Sorry." Sarah mumbled when her shoulder collided with a janitors.

"That's okay." he smiled at her, Sarah frowned her eyebrows together. "Everything okay?"

"I thought...you stopped working here last semester?" Sarah gave a questionable look as he smiled at her again with a shake of his head. "You came back?"

"Sorry, sweetie." he offered her one more smile. "I'm late for something important."

He walked down the hallway and rounded a corner at the very end. Sarah hesitated before walking down the hallway and turned the same one he did, finding it empty completely. Sarah thought hard about his face, she knew it, she knew he didn't work here anymore. So, what was he doing here?

She walked back outside. Mr.Yamada was still here, she debated going to see him. She hadn't seen him this whole time, she didn't want to. She didn't really see anyone except for Finney and sometimes Bruce when he'd leave work for her. He had a special parking spot, he paid extra for it. Yet,he wasn't parked their today. Even the green on his car wasn't the same, it was darker.

Sarah looked up at the sky as it began to rain, but the sun was shining. Not a single rain cloud in sight, nothing but sun as it rained. Then, there was a few snow flakes. Sarah gapped as she held her hand up, letting them fall into her palm. It was only October, it didn't snow until December and January. But, that's not what confused her the most, not after she held her hand out.

It was the fact that the snowflakes didn't melt in her hand. Humans were warm, snow flakes were meant to melt when they touched their hands due to the body heat.

Sarah felt sick as she froze. She looked to Mr.Yamadas car, the way it wasn't parked where it usually was and the shade was a bit off. The way it rained, shined, and snowed all at once. The fact that she went to her locker on the right side of the hallway even though it was on the left. She remembered that now because she went to school on the first day and went to the left side of the hallway, looking at Vance's untouched one of the right side. How did she forget that? How did she forget that Gwen went to school early on Monday's? How did she forget what time school released?

"No." it sunk in as Sarah stood there in the middle of the school parking lot. Panic set in immediately. "No! No!"

Finney not answering his window. Terence actually letting him go somewhere before school. The way her room was cleaned and she had new bedding despite destroying it all. She assumed it was her mother. The fact that her parents didn't get home around the time that they always did. The way Bingo didn't move one bit when something fell in her closet, the way he didn't beg for food at his feeding time. The way she woke up on the wrong side of the bed when she never did. The fact that it was cloudy in the middle of the day when she woke up yesterday but no rain ever came. The way she wasn't tired despite not sleeping.