XXXV. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞

۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓓𝓣𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE—
don't answer the phone.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓓𝓣𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER THIRTY FIVE—don't answer the phone

Month two.

Things were getting worse. Way worse. No one thought that Sarah never leaving her room would have been the best part of this process, but it ended up being the one thing everyone wanted back. Now, she had the outside world all to herself. She had anger, she had a new version of the broken girl who's boyfriend got stolen from her. She had no job, her grades were shit due to not being in school, and she made the worse decisions. Decisions that would hurt her worse then loosing Vance did, but maybe that's why she did it.

"Hey, pretty girl." Sarah didn't know her name, she just knew she was pretty.

The blonde from the party looked back. "Hey, Sarah."

The whole town knew her name now, it was all in the papers. The papers she no long threw on Sundays. Now, all Sarah ever did was walk around town in Billys orange jacket. No one knew what she ever did. Sarah stayed leaning against Grab N Go. "I have fifty dollars. Do you have any more of that candy?"

It didn't cross her mind until this morning, recalling how calm she felt at that party Vance brought her to. The last proper memory she'd had. The blonde gave her a look. "You're not gonna take them all at once, right? It'll mess with your brain really bad."

Sarah shook her head, giving her the fifty as she had five placed in her hand. Sarah glanced. "What are they exactly?"

"They're candy. Just, laced with marijuana." she shrugged her shoulders.

"Right." Sarah nodded. They talked about drugs in school so she knew what it was, she just wasn't aware she'd taken drugs at the party. She genuinely thought there were just so sugary that it clouded her head and made her feel like she was floating due to it. "Thanks."

As she walked away, the blonde hesitated. "I'm really sorry, Sarah. About Vance. I'm here if you wanna talk."

For some reason, it pissed Sarah off as she looked back at her. "You don't even know me. Don't pretend to care."

Sarah had taken her moms car. Ella had been staying home with Sarah, but her nap schedule lead to Sarah grasping the keys. She had her permit and was a good driver, it just wasn't necessarily legal until January. But, October was basically January, so she didn't care. Sarah drove down the back roads where no one came through, the fall leaves swarming around the tires as she drove.

Sarah gasped, slamming on her breaks when another car came speeding down the road. They honked immediately due to how close they'd been, Sarah jolted the wheel and drove off into the ditch. She hit her head hard at the impact, wincing as she sat there a second. Her ears buzzed loudly, holding her forehead and slowly pulling back. It was all blurry for a moment. Sarah got out of their car, looking at her Moms car and hadn't seen more then just a small dent that Ella wouldn't even notice. Sarah seemed to take more trauma from the crash then the car did.