XXIII. 𝐕, 𝐒, 𝐅, 𝐁, 𝐑, 𝐆.

After getting home from Aspen and the basically silent ride back, Vance could not sleep at all

After getting home from Aspen and the basically silent ride back, Vance could not sleep at all. He tossed and turned all night long, until it was four and he decided enough was enough. He was tired as shit and was ready to go to sleep, but his mind clearly wasn't gonna let him. Sarah on the other hand fell asleep the second she got home. She was tired and she missed Bingo, it was safe to say she was beyond annoyed at the little tap on her window.

"Vance?" Sarah rubbed her eyes as she pushed the window open. "How'd you get up there?"

"I climbed." he shut the window and stood infront of her. Sarah liked that they were the exact same height, she always had. "Sheeps, I can't believe you. I'm so mad at you."

"Vance, i'm so tired." she walked back to her bed. "Can we do this tomorrow?"

"Sarah." he sat down next to her when she laid down, holding her shoulders. "I didn't mean for you not to go. I'm just gonna miss you, that's all. Im sorry."

"It's okay. It wasn't just because of you." she promised as he finally let her shoulders go. Sarah moved over in the bed to give him room after he kicked his shoes off and climbed in with her. "It just made me realize that I have a lot here that i'm not prepared to leave yet. I mean, what am I suppose to do there when all i'm doing is worrying about here? It's just not the right time. I promise I wouldn't determine my entire future around you."

"That last part was unnecessary." he gave her a faint laugh, leaning into her neck and sitting there. "I don't wanna be a dick to you, Sheeps. Next time I act that way, you just gotta-"

He leaned up, grasping her hand and balling it up into a tight fist. "-pull back, and hit me as hard as you can right in the face. That'll snap me out of it."

Sarah smiled as she dropped her fist. "Got it."

"Okay, I just wanted to say that. I should go home." he sat up with an exhale.

"No, stay." she whispered, pulling on his arm. "It's okay, everyone is asleep."

"Are you gonna wake up early enough to tell me to leave?" he laid back down, scooting in closer. Sarah was on her back, but Vance didn't like the idea of his head being cradled on her chest, so he pushed her until she rolled on her side and they laid normal. "Hey, did you hear me?"

"Bingo will wake us up." Sarah mumbled as she already began to go back to sleep.

Bingo did not wake them up.

Sarah woke up to the phone ringing, whoever was on the other line saving them. It was still early so her Dad had likely gone into work, but it wasn't quite time for her Mom. Sarah's eyes widened, first getting up and running to lock the door. The sudden jolt woke Vance before the phone did. He'd forgotten where he was at, reaching over and answering it. "What do you want, asshole?"

"Va-" Sarah began but decided against it, looking up at the ceiling and shaking her head.

"Right." Vance then realized where he was, who's phone he had, and why he came here last night. "It's for you, Sheeps."