XXVIII. 𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐠𝐨

The body wasn't Billys

Jason had been the one to call Vance with the news, not even Sarah. He went to their house the second the news spread, knocking on the door as loud as he could. "Sheeps! Open this door!"

A few seconds passed before she pulled it open, covered in red.

"What the fuck happened?" Vance gapped in fear of blood, taking a sniff of the air and being overpowered by paint. "Is that...paint?"

"Yes!" she yanked him by the arm and shut the door. "I'm glad you're here, I just realized how long this will take alone."

She knew, Vance knew that Sarah knew about Billy. Jason literally said he told her and was worried about her, resulting in asking Vance to check on her. He knew that if he was asking him to go see Sarah, while she was alone at home, it had to be bad. Yet, she seemed okay. Not a tear in sight, not even an ounce of pain. "Sheeps? Everything okay?"

She turned on the steps and grabbed his face, kissing him quickly three times. Vance gave an odd look at the sudden, and more then usual, affection she gave him. Sarah smiled. "I'm okay. Come help me before I loose motivation."

Her paint covered hand grabbed his and drug him up the stairs, Bingo was at the top looking rather annoyed that he couldn't go into their room. Vance's eyes widened as he walked into Sarah's room, understanding Bingos pain now. "Holy shit. What did you do?"

Her entire room was destroyed, everything was torn off the walls and coated the floor. She inhaled. "I'm painting."

"You're painting?" he repeated, looking over at just one wall painted in red. "Why are you painting?"

"A change." Sarah smiled with a shrug. Vance didn't know a single person with bright red walls. She gave him a paint brush. "Will you start on that wall?"

He wanted to question her longer, but decided against it as he dipped the paint brush and started on the wall on the right side of her bed. "So, Bruce keeps bothering me."

"What's he bothering you about?" Sarah hummed as she coated her wall for a second time, feeling welcomed by the red.

"About tomorrow." Vance looked over his shoulder for a second. Under better circumstances, he'd think she looked cute with her curls pulled back with overalls and paint across her face. He still thought she looked cute, he just worried for her mental sake more right now. "The baseball team."

"Jesus, that's already tomorrow?" she glanced back at him, pausing with a laugh. "What are you looking at me that way for?"

"You have paint on your face." he nodded as Sarah dropped the paint brush and tried to wipe it away. "Come here."

They met in the middle as he held her face, rubbing his thumb across her cheek to get the red paint off. It kinda hurt, but it was okay. He gave her a weird look at the way she looked at him. "Stop looking at me like that."