XLIV. 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧

this is it, folks. if you are choose to read the AU version of the end of this book, you'll need to skip to the bit after the gif of ron eating the chicken. if you decide to go that route, you'll have to pretend that Sarah never 'died' and she was with gwen the whole time. that being said, you won't want to read the next chapter after, meaning this will be the end of me and you. thank you for taking the time to read my little book and i hope you enjoyed your stay here, even if it was traumatic and sad! enjoy your happy ending, but if you'd rather go with how the book is original set up, well, no need to skip to the end.

۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓓𝓣𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER FORTY NINE—
a bittersweet snow in the sun.

Between being under water for a matter of turn, in the late November weather, and the pouring rain, Sarah was running in the freezing cold

Between being under water for a matter of turn, in the late November weather, and the pouring rain, Sarah was running in the freezing cold. Her lips were blue and she'd lost her cardigan in the process of getting out of the lake, running in the red top that provided her no warmth. Her abdomen was punctured with a large thing of glass, yanking it free and crying out in the process as she had to stop running for a second. She remembered exactly where Robin took her from when he got to her at the lake, the exact route it took to get to the house.

Sarah got there fast, her ribs ached from running so hard but she genuinely didn't feel it yet. She ran up to the house, seeing the van in the garage. She knew that van, she's seen it times before. She panted, staring and trying to find a plan. She knew she hadn't been able to just bust into the house, but what other option did she have at the point?

Sarah went to the back of the house, hopping the fence as the mud shot up in her legs. She hurried to the patio, the water from the rain causing a pool under her on the concrete, giving the back door a small tug. It was locked, she grasped the flower pot on the chair and threw it on the ground, finding the spare key inside a she used it to unlock the door. She was thankful the door hadn't been loud, but that didn't matter to her when she was finally in the house.

She heard yelling echoing.

"Finney!" Sarah yelled out as she followed the shouts.

"Sarah!" she knew his voice, making her circle the basement stairs and see a large, metal door at the bottom wide open, a dog at the bottom growling at her. "Sarah!"

Sarah ran into the kitchen and yanked the drawers open, making a mess in the process until she found the knife drawer. She grasped hold of the biggest one and ran down the stairs. Samson was still barking at her, Sarah froze. That dog was much bigger then Bingo, and a lot scarier to look at. He looked like he was the type of dog to tear people apart, but Sarah wasn't about to stab him either. A thump from the steps behind her caused her to look back, seeing the dog treat bag had fallen over.

Bruce sent her back, using his energy, but Robin still had his.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." Sarah ran back up the stairs, grasping the entire bag as she ran back down, throwing them over Samson and toward the gross bed in the middle of the room. He followed them, Sarah no longer meant a single thing to him. She sprinting the rest of the way, circling the small wall so fast she nearly slipped. "Finney!"