XIX. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭

Sarah was very disappointed she hadn't seen Vance all morning long

Sarah was very disappointed she hadn't seen Vance all morning long. She was tempted to hang out near his locker, but decided against the idea. When lunch rolled around, she came to the conclusion he'd skipped the last day. Mostly everyone did, it wasn't totally shocking.

"And a hat, for you." Bruce put the party hat on her head and flopped into the chair next to her. "So...what's this I hear about kissing Vance Hopper?"

Sarah felt warm again as she rolled her eyes with a grin. "I don't know."

"You don't know?" he jabbed a finger into her ribs. "Is he your boyfriend now, for real?"

"I don't know!" she laughed in return, face hurting from smiling. "I ran away after and we haven't talked since."

Bruce leaned in close. "Is he a good kisser?"

Sarah looked away. "I don't kiss and tell."

"Oh my god, he is!" Bruce gasped dramatically. "I'm gonna tell the entire baseball team you guys are together. They're gonna be so excited. Have you told Finney? He's gonna cry."

"No. Do not tell Finney." she threatened with a finger his way. "Do you think it's weird we haven't seen each other yet?"

"I'd usually say yes but think about who we're talking about." Bruce pointed out. "I mean, i've seen Vance not show up for school over a month then pop up like nothing happened."

"He was in jail just last night." Sarah nodded her head. "Maybe he thinks i'm a bad kisser."

"Have you practiced on your hand?" he tilted his head at her.

"What?" Sarah's eyes widened.

"Did you practice on your hand before the real thing?" he lifted his hand to motion to it.

Sarah gave an embarrassing look. "Yes."

"Then you probably aren't a bad kisser." he waved her off with a shrug. "You are a horrible liar, about as bad as me. So, if we're not gonna tell Finney, we need to figure out where you and Vance stand on the relationship scale."

"You're so right." Sarah inhaled. "We need to talk to Robin first."

"Good idea, he knows how to talk to Finney best." Bruce agreed. "First, Vance."

"Right, first Vance." she confirmed. "Then Robin."

"Then Finney." Bruce ended their plan. "Give me some skin."

They smacked their hands together just as Mr.Yamada walked in. "Sarah, could you go grab something from my car?"

"I'll do it." Bruce suggested.

"Nope. Sarah." he held his keys out. "Purple folder in the front seat. Thank you!"

Sarah took them, swinging them around her fingers as she walked down the empty hallway. She'd removed her party hat before heading out. She knew where he parked at each morning, having the spot reserved. It was near the front so she wouldn't have to go far. Sarah pushed the doors open and was welcomed by the first day of summer heat.

Vance was sitting on the steps.

Sarah retreaded back inside with wide, panicked eyes. She sat there for a second, shaking her head before pushing the door opens. He was standing now, right infront of her but also a good distance. "Didn't see you there."

"Oh, so you just went back inside for no reason?" Vance nodded his head.

"The heat took me off guard." she waved her wrist around. "Summary."

Vance gave her a minor shrug. "I tried to break into your house."

"Oh?" Sarah rose her eyebrows. "For what reason?"

"To see you." he said back like it had been the most obvious thing. "But, you weren't there."

"I told you i'd be at school." she tossed her thumb over her shoulder. "Remember....last night?"

He squinted from the sun, one eye shut. "Yeah, I remember. That's why I came here."

"Not to actually attend school or anything." she rocked on her heels with a worried laugh. "Should have known."

"Sheepsssss." he mocked her rocking on her heels. "You're freaking me out."

Sarah sighed and dropped the act. "You're freaking me out!"

"Well....i'm not trying to." he looked for a way to argue but couldn't. "I knew you were gonna be weird."

"You're weird." she pointed a finger.

"I'm weird?" he rose his eyebrows at her, raising his finger like she'd done to him. "You're-"

Sarah grasped his wrist and pulled him closer, not giving him time to process that she did it before place her hands on his face and kissing him again. Just like the time before, it was the best thing ever. Nothing would top their first one, but the second was nearly just as good. Vance put his hands high up on her waist and pulled her in a little closer. Sarah smiled when he did so, potentially ruining the moment but couldn't help herself.

She pulled away first, but they were still so close together. "Wanna come join the party?"

"I was gonna go to Grab N Go." he rose an eyebrow.

"You're banned for a month. Remember?" Sarah smiled, her hand remaining on his face. Every time the other breathed, they'd feel it from how close they were. Sarah always liked listening to people breath, it comforted her to know they were okay. She'd never actually felt anyone breath before, that was so much better.

"Never stopped me before." Vance pointed out, letting her go as Sarah backed off. "What's going on at this party?"

"Mr.Yamada was dancing like a robot." she took his hand and pulled him into the school with her. "And Bruce did have those party hats."

"Oh god, I regret this already." he huffed, but continued to walk as she pulled him by his hand.

kylie speaks

super short chapter
but i didn't wanna get
into the next scenes all
in one chapter. i know y'all
miss robin so he's coming back
next chapter! and finally some
one on one bruce and sarah
talk

okay question for you, babies: how many chapters do you think summer should be? i want AT LEAST ten but idk if i should stop at ten or do more then that? the course of four months have been in nineteen chapters, so i wasn't completely sure. suggestion? i don't want too many chapters but i don't want
too little either

 suggestion? i don't want too many chapters but i don't wanttoo little either