Pt. 5: The Chance

One day in Adventure Bay, Mayor Goodway's announced the official opening of the event today. She had told everyone about it three days ago. The pups were excited along with Ryder. Of course, trouble still lurks around but it won't be that way today. Ryder has planned that he and the Paw Patrol will go to the event soon, with another motive. At the lookout...

Ryder: Alright pups. I have an announcement to make.

Skye: What is it, Ryder?

Ryder: As you know, we'll be going to the event by the beach soon. However, I'm taking this chance for you pups to pick a partner to go with, as there's many people there along with strengthening your friendship and bonds.

The pups bark in excitement, a smile on their faces. But a few soon blush as they realize what Ryder said. They all look at each other.

Ryder: I'll go ahead. You pups come after.

Ryder left off, leaving the pups at the lookout for them to choose their partner. They all had pups in mind, but they're all hesitant. Zuma decides to break the silence.

Zuma: Hey Mawshall. Wanna be pawtnews?

Marshall: Sure Zuma! Do you think they'll have water games?

Zuma: Ready, set, get wet!

Zuma touches Marshall's nose as he ran ahead, towards the event by the beach. Marshall chases after Zuma, playfully coming along. Rubble then decides to ask Skye to be his partner and Skye reluctantly accepts, which left Chase and Rocky to be partners. Rubble and Sky followed Zuma and Marshall, while Chase and Rocky just looked at each other. A shade of red on their cheeks as Chase decided to break the 'awkward' stares.

Chase: Y-You first, Rocky.

Rocky: Thanks, Chase.

They both follow after Rubble and Skye, not long before Rocky played with Chase along the way. Chasing each other and playing tag as they clashed into Zuma and Marshall nearby the entrance. The group laughs it off, fixing themselves and continuing in the event.

The event Mayor Goodway had proposed is the "Paw-tastic Pawnival". An event specifically made to congratulate and thank Ryder and the Paw Patrol. As Ryder and the other pups went on in, Rocky and Chase decided to go at the pier. They still want to talk more.

Rocky: ...I know you have a lot on your mind, Chase. It's been a bit obvious the past few days.

Chase: I didn't know you'd look after me like that, Rocky.

Rocky: I-I was...concerned.

Chase: Rocky...You're a great friend. A close friend. You, Ryder, and the other pups are like family to me. But...

Rocky: But...Knowing that feeling, makes you think that it wouldn't be right?

Chase: H-Huh? How did you-

Rocky: I've been thinking the same things. Chase, you're my best friend and so is Zuma. But one of you gives me butterflies and...it's been pretty hard to tell that straight to the person who does so.

Chase: ...You mean...Me?

Rocky: I-What? No! Not you. Hehe...

Chase: Rocky...We both know each other well. I know you try to hide something but...I never thought-

Rocky: It's not what you think it is!

Rocky looks away, tears coming out from his eyes as Chase put his paw on Rocky's chin and turns the mixed breed's head towards him.

Chase: Rocky...I have feelings for you too. It took a while for me to decide but choosing to confess to me like this...You're brave to make the first move.

Rocky: I-I...Ch-Chase, stop talking.

Rocky was getting flustered, blush on his cheeks as Chase smiled, a slight blush on his face too.

Rocky: Chase...

Chase: Rocky...

???: W-Wow...

The mixed breed and the german shepherd had their snouts against each other, turning their heads to the one who spoke surprised and...sad.

Marshall: Y-You two look great together.

Rocky: Marshall! We were-

Chase: Talking about our thoughts.

Rocky: Ch-

Chase: Rocky, we tell him our thoughts.

Chase looks at Marshall, while Rocky looks at Chase's expression. Rocky knows Chase is serious about this and decides to spill the beans.

Rocky: ...Wanna talk with us about it?

Marshall: Wh-What? I-I was just going to-

Chase: Talk with us, Marshall.

Marshall: ...A-Alright. If you two say so...

The dalmatian slowly goes towards Chase and Rocky, sitting in between them. Chase and Rocky nod their heads as they were about to say something, Marshall spoke.

Marshall: You guys confessed to each other, right?

Chase: We...did.

Rocky: It was good to let it out but...we feel...guilty.

Marshall: Guilty? Why should you feel guilty?

Chase: Rocky...we both know this too. It's not just one person we like, am I right?

Rocky: Ch-Chase!

Marshall: Rocky?

Rocky: I-...You got me. I like Chase but I also like someone else. I like them both on a similar level.

Chase: Who is it, Rocky?

Marshall: Is it Zuma?

Rocky: No. He's my best friend and besides...this 'someone' else I like makes accidents happen. Mission or not.

Chase: W-Wait...Are you saying you-

Marshall: You like me?!

Rocky and Chase look at the shocked and surprised Marshall, the dalmatian not expecting that the pup he accidentally gets wet with his water cannons likes him. Rocky started covering his face, blushing even more. Chase's cheeks were red as he faced Marshall.

Chase: You like me...and Marshall...But I...like you both too.

Marshall and Rocky: Huh?!

The three pups stare at each other, blush on their faces as they knew each other's feelings for one another. It was just Marshall who hasn't confessed but instead of words, he chose to hug them close. The mixed breed and the german shepherd are surprised but hugged back as they enjoyed each other's embrace. Smiles on their faces, satisfied of the outcome.

A chance taken, another comes after.

Ain't that a bit long? Alnur here. Next part will be up soon.