Pt. 16: It's Only For A While

Another day in Adventure Bay. Two days after the Mighty mission, Ryder and the pups were having fun by the Lookout. Dusk comes running towards them with a smile on his face. Ryder waves at him as he comes over.

Ryder: Hey Dusk. What's got you in a good mood?

Dusk: Just a fine day here in Adventure Bay. Nothing else feels better than that, right? Well...Completing a mission does.

Ryder: Sure does. It's been a while since we also had some missions other than Adventure Bay.

Dusk: Yeah-...Ryder. Are you saying-

Ryder: ...Dusk. I know it's kind of a big deal but...We've been getting reports back at home.

Dusk: ...Does Chase know?

Ryder shakes his head, both of them knowing that he doesn't do so well about it. Adventure City. The place where Dusk was born and where Chase was left behind. Ryder thinks on what to do about the reports in Adventure City. Dusk looks at Ryder with a determined look, to which the leader notices. Ryder nods his head and so did Dusk right after. Both of them went in and Chase sees it himself. He tells the other pups that he'll talk with Ryder and Dusk, which they all agreed to and kept on playing. The german shepherd follows them right after the elevator comes back down into the lobby. He goes up and walks into the conversation.

Chase: Hey Dusk. Hey Ryder. What's going on?

Ryder: ...Should we?

Dusk: ...Chase. Are you sure you want to know?

Chase: Huh? What do you mean?

Ryder: Do you want to know, Chase?

Chase: ...Yes. I do.

Dusk: ...After hearing about where I came from, pretty sure you were reminded of the things that happened there. But I can also see that you're happy that someone like you is your friend and your family member.

Chase: Yeah. Never knew anybody else except you who was like me.

Ryder: We've been getting reports from Adventure City. Some people need our help but as it stays, we've only visited there after receiving an actual call for help. You were hesitant of coming at first then...You know.

Chase: Yeah. But if it's another mission to help people, then I'll gladly come.

Ryder: That's the thing...One of you is going there to help. With Liberty's help and the local departments, these reports will be dealt with. I want you to share this to the other pups. The one going to the Adventure City's Lookout and stay there for a while is...

Chase gasped as Ryder and Dusk frowned from telling him. Chase frowns as he goes down to the other pups with his ears drooping and his head hung low. The other pups noticed and went towards Chase, Marshall hugging him while Rocky patted his head with his paw.

Skye: What is it, Chase? Did Ryder and Dusk tell you something bad?

Chase: Really depends on what you think...

Marshall: Go ahead. Tell us.

Chase: I was told to tell you guys about it.

Rocky: Well. What is it about?

Chase: ...Ryder's been getting reports of help from Adventure City. However, there's not enough people to go help around at the Lookout besides Liberty and the local departments. One of us is going there to stay for a while and help, and...

Rubble: And?

Zuma: Who is it, dude?

Chase: ...Dusk. The german shepherd says with a sad tone, looking at the chocolate labrador.