Pt. 27: Christmas Day

The festive day has finally arrived. The people of Adventure Bay are lively as the "Invitation of Snow" Christmas Celebration has started. Mayor Goodway officially announces the opening and the start of this event as the participants go to their respective activities. Ryder and the Paw Patrol are in their assigned positions as Dusk was participating in the Christmas-themed Cooking activity with Mr. Porter as his partner. Night and Zuma were watchers for anything that could go wrong in the activity. Rubble had already piled up the snow needed for the Snow Building Contest with Skye as watcher for the activity. Rocky and Marshall were the ones monitoring the Ginger-Bread Making activity. Chase was helping on redirecting crowd flow and traffic. Ryder was monitoring all of the events from a high platform. Mayor Goodway was looking around as she sees the people of Adventure Bay thrilled and lively. All the activities started at once, Dusk and Mr. Porter discussing the recipe they made as the tracking member made preparations. Mr. Porter started working on the ingredients while Dusk prepped the stove and oven. Night and Zuma watch at the participants go, much that they had sights on Dusk and Mr. Porter. Two of the greatest chefs they know in Adventure Bay. The judges consisted of Ryder, Mayor Goodway, and Captain Turbot. Half an hour later, most of the participants are making the final touches. Dusk and Mr. Porter carefully plate their dish as the timer rang, finished just in time. The tracking member and the restaurant manager were called last as they present their collaborative dish that represented both the cold touch of ice and snow and the warmth of Christmas spirit. It was a cake. The layers were fluffy and moist, the frosting and icing were cold but were easy to eat. The fillings in each layer were warm but were sweet and relaxing to the tongue. They called this, "A Christmas Gift." We'll leave the verdict be.

After the events, everyone was given a time to relax and prepare for the Christmas Tree ceremony later. It was set at night time so everyone could see the lights. Ryder and the team all wound up at their own Christmas Tree in the Lookout. Ryder was starting off with his present for all the pups. They all get new food bowls, new beds, and more comfy and designed collars. The pups are in awe as they thank Ryder for the gift. Ryder didn't forget about Dusk as the present for the human was a wristband with the pup tag embedded on it. Ryder knows at some times that Dusk didn't like wearing a collar so he made a wristband as an alternative. Dusk looks at it in surprise, squealing before taking it gently and thanking Ryder for the thought, instantly wearing. Ryder and Dusk help the pups put their new collars on, the pups instantly liking the feeling already. Ryder goes out of the Lookout as he took care of something else, the leader okay with the thought of the pups started gifting each other. Rubble gifted Skye a rose pin, embedded in one of the petals was "RxS". Indicating Rubble and Skye being together. The other pups are happy as the bulldog put the pin on the cockapoo's new collar. Skye filled with excitement leans in to kiss her boyfriend, pulling away quick as she brought out her gift for Rubble. The bulldog opened it to find a better construction helmet with letters embedded in it, "RxS". The bulldog was happy with the new helmet as he pulled Skye into a hug, the cockapoo hugging back. Zuma takes his turn, taking his gift for Night under the Christmas Tree. The chocolate labrador gives it to the wolf pup as Night opens it, seeing a blanket designed with the Paw Patrol team, including him and Night. The wolf pup thanks Zuma happily for the gift, licking his boyfriend's cheek as the chocolate labrador blushed. Chase and Rocky decide to give theirs next, going over to Marshall as they move their gifts to the dalmatian. The dalmatian opens it to see that Chase got him pajamas designed with pictures of the dalmatian, the german shepherd, and the mixed breed. Rocky's gift for Marshall was a fire helmet with a flashlight and an oxygen mask filter. The dalmatian jumps onto his two love pups as he licked their faces a couple of times before backing away as Night and Marshall then showed their presents. Marshall moved his gift towards Chase and Rocky while Night moved his towards Zuma. The three pups are confused but open it to see a heart locket embedded with respective initials. The lockets were opened to reveal pictures of memorable moments from each love pup's experience. Dusk comes over and puts the lockets underneath the pup tags of the love pups, saying that it looks great on them all. Rubble and Skye bark and howl in cheer for them, they all hug it out with Night. Ryder soon comes back in to see that the pups have already gifted each other. Dusk was left as he pulled his present from the Christmas Tree. He opened it and held out delicious pup treats for the pups while he pulled out a set of headphones for Ryder. Ryder accepts the gift while the pups were eager to get a bite of the pup treats.

Some time later, Ryder and the Paw Patrol were back at the venue as was everyone else. Mayor Goodway was by the Christmas Tree as she announces the guest of honor for this year's Christmas Tree ceremony.

Mayor Goodway: Welcome back, everyone! I hope all of you have come back to continue our "Invitation of Snow" Christmas celebration event! Tonight, this Christmas Tree will be lit up to announce to official climax and end of the event itself. I, the Mayor of Adventure Bay along with our guest of honor, will put up our Christmas Tree Topper Star and light the Christmas Tree!

Ryder & the team: Woo! Yeah!

Mayor Goodway: With this Tree Topper Star up here, I would like to call on our guest of honor for this year's Christmas celebration event! Please come up, Dusk and Night from the Paw Patrol!

Dusk & Night: Woah! No way!

Ryder: Get up there, you two!

Dusk: You guys knew?!

Night: Keeping a surprise. Surprised?

The two tracking members went up as Dusk held the tree topper star, walking up the stairs as he placed the star right on top of the Christmas Tree. He soon comes back down as they all light the Christmas Tree together with the Mayor, announcing the start of the fireworks show and near-end of the event. The fireworks started lighting up the sky once more, the crowd in awe while the other tables were set up for free food, the food being the approved dishes from the Christmas-themed Cooking activity earlier. Everyone goes around as they have a wonderful time. Ryder walks over to Dusk as he asks him where the pups are. Dusk doesn't have a clue but realizes soon what was happening. The tracking member tells the leader to come follow him towards the pier. After eating their food, they walk towards the pier to see the group of pups altogether. Rubble and Skye, Night and Zuma, and Rocky, Marshall, and Chase. Ryder smiles upon the sight as Dusk speaks.

Dusk: Sure is a sight, huh?

Ryder: Yeah. Didn't expect the pups to find love so soon.

Dusk: We've all known about it. But the kind of 'love' you refer to is the partner kind than the family kind.

Ryder: How about you? Any person of interest?

Dusk: None, sadly. Pretty sure you do, Ryder.

Ryder: Hehe...Obvious?

Dusk: Not that it's obvious but we've known. Katie.

Ryder: Say...You aren't into girls, right?

Dusk: Yes. I've been showing it so it's understandable to suspect.

Ryder: You'll find one for you, Dusk. I believe so.

Dusk: Thanks, Ryder. But I won't find anybody so soon. Besides...I still have to look out for my bud.

Ryder: They're capable. They can do it.

Dusk: Not that I know that, it's that he still needs me. You know about the connection thing.

Ryder: ...I understand.

Ryder and Dusk soon walk up as the pups turn their heads to see their leader and their fellow member walk up to them with a smile. The pups giggle at the sight, implying they're seeing something different. Ryder and Dusk laugh, soon sitting beside them all. Ryder tells everyone that they aren't done with work yet. The team assures the leader that they know, and are prepared for it. They watch the fireworks show while enjoying each other's company.

Christmas Day for the people of Adventure Bay doesn't just mean celebrating the festive cheer, it's also being with the people you care and love.

Hi guys. I'll be honest. I'm feeling a bit sad that I'm nearing the completion of the book but still hoping the best for the next one, as this is becoming more of a series in my head. On a story note...The love continues for our three love pups, accompanied by their fellow friends. And a few days later for them is a New Year and a new time for more memories. Next part will be up soon.