Pt. 26: Rising High

Ten days left before Christmas, Ryder and the team are talking with Mayor Goodway in City Hall as they discuss what comes after Christmas. Only a few weeks left until the New Year comes in. They were discussing the venue and other plans for New Year's celebration. Dusk and Night think that the traditional Adventure Bay fireworks show every New Year is good as it will be every time but they'll add in some details when it comes to that. The rest were to enjoy and help within the celebration, in case some things go down. Ryder and the team excuse themselves as they head back to the Lookout.

A few minutes later, Dusk, Night, and Marshall were talking with one another in the Tower's upper floor. Ryder was downstairs in the lobby to alert them if anybody was going up.

Dusk: So. I got what you guys asked for-

Night: And you took a peek?

Dusk: Sorry. Couldn't help it. To be honest, it's a wonderful gift. The human brings out the small box and opens it, showing it to the two pups.

Marshall: Either way, it's neatly wrapped!

Night: Yeah. Love the way the owner did it.

Dusk: Though we'll have to keep this secret for a while until Christmas comes. He puts it back in his pocket, barely noticeable that anything's in there.

Marshall: Thanks for helping us out, Dusk. Even if we didn't ask you to.

Night: Someone had to take care of it when we were busy...

Dusk: ...Hey. That's all done. It's alright.

Night: Right. Remember. Put the boxes in our pup houses on Christmas day.

Marshall: Make sure not one of them goes missing.

Dusk: I won't. But blame me still.

The group laughs as they hear the elevator going up. They all calm down and chat about everyday things. Ryder, Rocky, Chase, and Zuma go towards them as the pups invite them to play in the snow. Ryder exclaims that he needs to talk with Dusk and Night, the other pups understanding as they all head down. Ryder sits with the two members as they approach a different topic.

Ryder: So. You guys wanted to talk?

Dusk: It's something we dreamed of, Ryder.

Night: Much concerning that Dusk and I had the same dream.

Ryder: It is rare that two people get to dream the same thing at the same time. What happened in the 'dream'?

Dusk & Night: ...

Night: First, we were in a white space. Nothing there. We first looked at each other, surprised to be dreaming in each other's dream. Then suddenly...

Dusk: Smoke started filling the air. I went down on the floor to avoid inhaling too much and then we heard voices outside. We then realized the background changed to a collapsing building. The cause was a fire.

Night: We then saw a small figure down on the floor, passed out as debris kept falling from the ceiling. The voices screamed and shouted, "Get out of there!" Next thing we knew...

Dusk & Night: The smoke was getting around us and we both started coughing for air. Then before we could pass out, we jolted awake from it.

Ryder: That's why I found you two sleeping in the lobby that time. And to be honest...That kind of 'dream' is surely telling something.

Dusk: We have no idea what it means but...it's been getting on us.

Night: We can barely sleep alone.