Pt. 13: Time For a Break

2 weeks have gone by after Dusk's/Night's birthday party. Adventure Bay has been more like home to him while Ryder and the pups considered him a part of their family. Ryder has been talking with Dusk ever since, the three love pups getting closer and closer, Rubble and Skye admitting to being a couple now, and Zuma...Well. He's got new interests.

Today, Ryder and the Paw Patrol are on another break after dealing with super villains and dangerous missions. Although, Mayor Goodway knows they won't stop helping. The day seemed to be in their favor, so Ryder decided to rally up the pups and prepare for another trip to the Dino Wilds. This time, Dusk has been continuously living as Night, his wolf pup form. He's got his own food bowl, pup vehicles, and personal stuff. He still has his other stuff and as everything is set, Ryder and the pups get in the Dino Patroller and head off to the Dino Wilds to pay Rex, Taylor, Dr. Turbot, and the dinosaurs a visit, with this being Night's first time going there.

About an hour, they've arrived and stopped by the stationed Lookout. Everyone got out and checked in with Rex. Taylor and Dr. Turbot were busy taking care of the dinosaurs at the care center. Rex was surprised to see another pup with the team, much that he liked him already.

Rex: Hi guys! Didn't expect you all to come on such notice. Oh wow. 😳 Who's that new pup?

Night: Hi. My name's Night. I'm the tracking expert of the team. Nice to finally meet you, Rex!

Rex: Nice to meet you too, Night. So cool...

Chase: Uh...Rex? You've been okay these days?

Rocky: I think he's-

Night: Let him be, I suppose. He needs his time to think.

Ryder: Yeah. We still have to set up our tents and sleeping bags. Today's a time for us to chill and hang out in the Dino Wilds.

The pups bark and howl in cheer, fixing up their tents by assigned groups while also tending to their other stuff. Night's been helping Rex and Zuma with theirs, much that Rex stood there in awe and wonder most of the time while Zuma kept helping. After they all finished, Ryder called the pups over to have snacks. The pups still ate into their groups, Night talking with Rex and Zuma. Gotta say, it's weird to see the Border Collie and the Chocolate Labrador to be blushing. Maybe Night was saying something interesting. Rubble and Skye were casually talking like nothing was going on between them. Rocky, Chase, and Marshall were constantly teasing each other that they treated it like a game. Night looked over with a smirk on his face, knowing those love pups have been wanting to get naughty.

Rocky: Psst. Whoever gets to finish first gets to go first on the losers.

Marshall: How about who finishes last gets it both?

Chase: You guys sound like you want to adore me. You better start eating though if you want to get the chance.

They start eating up while Night looks over at Rex and Zuma, both daydreaming at the moment. Night decides to talk to them about it.

Night: Uhh...Rex, you sure you've been feeling okay? Cause I think you got Zuma affected.

Rex: H-Huh?! Wh-What are you talking about?

Zuma: Oh. I-I'm fine. Nothing's w-wwong with me, dude.

Night: You've both been looking at me like I was some kind of idol. This is also the first time I'm hanging out with Rex so... It's kind of weird to see you getting...feely.

Rex: I-Um...I can ex-

Zuma: I wasn't looking at you li-

They were both cut off by Night's paw covering their mouths. The Border Collie and the Chocolate Labrador both blushing more than they were earlier. Night spoke to them and they both covered their faces with their paws, continuing to eat. Night seemed to be the teaser type, he chuckles as he ate with them.

Nighttime in the Dino Wilds, Rocky, Chase, and Marshall were still awake. They snuck out of the Lookout when a pup suddenly surprised them.

???: Took you long enough, don't you think?

Rocky and Marshall: Huh?!

Chase: N-Night?

Night: Hehe. What do you pups think of doing this late? And in the Dino Wilds?

Chase: We were-

Rocky: Night knows already. He's got quite the ears.

Marshall: No doubt. Talking over each other earlier on who gets who first.

Night: Hahaha. Love. Quite the drive.

Chase: Shut up...Anyways...Do-

Night: If you're asking me where's a good spot, I know where. I've checked the surroundings and all you need to do is go straight 5 minutes from here and then take a left.

Marshall: Thanks Night. You're the best.

Rocky: Yeah. Now come on, you two. I can't keep waiting.

Night: Thank me later.

Chase, Rocky, and Marshall wave to Night as they head off to where he told them to be at. Night smirks as he went inside the Lookout and into the shared tent with Rex and Zuma, the two pups sleeping at the sides. Night lies down in between them and gives each of them a kiss on the cheek. They both smile and Night goes off to sleep.

Once Rocky, Chase, and Marshall found the spot, all three respond in awe. It was a place with fireflies around, and a tent was set up. Chase thought in his head that Night made these preparations. He'd definitely thank the wolf pup later but now, the focus is on the dalmatian and the mixed breed in front of him. Chase goes ahead first into the tent and lies down there. Rocky and Marshall follow after to see...

Boo! Hahaha! Sorry for leaving it like that. I stopped there because it was getting to that point. Next part will contain what you are looking for. Stay tuned~