heaven

TW: smut

March 23rd, 1986

Eddie's POV

Hearing those three words fall from her perfect lips gave me a better high than any drug ever could. It was like her voice, saying those words, permanently branded my mind. Although, it's not like I was trying very hard to not think about it. 

I love you, too, Edward Atlas Munson. 

I'd always thought my middle name was tacky until she said it in that softer-than-heaven whisper. She loves me, and God, I love her more than anything. 

Hearing those words broke every strand of control I had left. I quickly leaned over the table and forcefully met our lips. She sighed into the kiss and I swallowed it before meeting my tongue with hers. It'd been too long, too long since we had this much emotion in one kiss. But that seems to make it so much sweeter.  

Her sigh. The one hand holding herself up against the table, the other digging into my hair and pulling at the roots. The way her tongue traces my bottom lip just before she bites down. Her stuttering pulse that I can feel under my fingertips on her neck. 

She was a drug, she was my favorite drug. 

Reality crashed back down on us at once and she pulled away, her cheeks were flushed and her lips were bright pink and swollen. She looked up at me with dilated pupils and a cautious look in her eye. 

"I can't do this with you again if you're just going to shut me out or leave." Her statement was followed by a quiet and broken whisper. "I meant what I said, Eddie. I love you, but I can't handle you leaving. Not again." 

Guilt and joy were clashing in my heart. Joy from hearing her say those words again, from her being here with me, from feeling our connection in our kiss again. 

But guilt. Guilt. 

Guilt for causing that sad twinge in her voice, and the small speck of uncertainty in her eyes. Guilt from making her believe I'd leave again. I was guilty because I hurt her. I hated myself for making her feel like this. I love her, but I hurt her. 

She was staring at me, her blue eyes waiting for me to say something. Anything. 

"I meant it. I love you, and I don't want to leave again. I won't leave again." I reassured and her face flashed with relief just as quickly as a wall went back up to cover it. 

"Promise?" She whispered, her voice breaking. 

Instead of saying anything, I shifted my weight so I could hold up one hand with my pinkie finger extended. She looked at my hand then back to my eyes before laughing quietly and linking her finger with mine. I stared at our two hands, still stuck together, and didn't see her leaning forward until her hand broke from mine to turn my face towards her. She kissed me, softly at first but our heated emotions quickly took over. 

"I love you." She whispered into my mouth. 

"Say it again?" I begged as I walked around the table to stand in front of her. "Please." 

"I love you." She wrapped her arms around my neck as I hoisted her up, her legs going around my waist. 

"Again." I walked us back to Rick's second bedroom, one I've stayed in many times after too much partying. 

"I love you." She huffed as I threw her onto the bed, her red hair circling her head on the mattress. 

I leaned over her, our faces just an inch apart as my hair made a curtain around us. "I love you, too." She pushed her head up and met our lips before I pushed back, her body underneath mine was pressing into the bed. I pulled away, despite the noise she made in an argument. "Are you sure about this?"