𝐈𝐈𝐈. ONE THIRD OF THE POWERPUFF GIRLS

iii

iii. one third of the powerpuff girls
( season one, episode three )
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━ "cyberbullying is no laughing matter." the school councillor stood in the middle of the cafeteria, speaking into the microphone

"sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face" she continued.

up and down, the orange went into the air, falling back into athena's hand. she was beyond bored and sick of hearing the ladies voice. she was never going to get anywhere with these kids.

props to her for trying though.

the only person who was really listening was miguel. there were a few times were demetri and eli popped in and out, but overall. the only one really caring about the topic was miguel.

"i'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up, because her son was crying. after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity"

athena stopped, her orange falling flat on the table.

the teenagers around them looked up from their phones, starring at eli. the moment pierced through athena's heart. she wanted to reach for his hand and squeeze it. but she was stuck on the opposite side of the table.

it took everything in her not to pívot the orange into the counsellors face.

"but today, our goal here is to make this school a safe space for all students" the lady continued, like she hadn't just outed the boy.

"if you're sick of being bullied, my karate dojo's looking for recruits" miguel whispered over to him, eli sent him a ghost of a smile. seeming to like the idea.

demetri chuckled "yeah right. you here that eli? a little karate training and you're gonna kick some major ass."

"i'm serious demetri" miguel sat up in his seat "my sensei's the real deal. i'm sure i could get you both discounts. you all discounts"

"as enticing as that sounds, i think we'd rather spend out afternoons playing crucible control than getting hit in the face" demetri ranted.

athena threw the orange at his face, she giggled as it bounced right off "you'll get hit in the face anyways, you piss people off deme."

"one last thing. while we're all looking forward to the halloween dance let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive. for example, instead of sexy nurse maybe try gender neutral hospital employee."