iv. a leader and a follower

chapter four 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟓, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟕

chapter four
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟓, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟕

Davina walked into the corner store, her eyes trailed on the ground trying to hide her bruised face and puffy eyes. She wasn't the best at emotions, when the first hit came she went crumbling down, everything flooding over her so easily.

She knocked into someone, meeting eyes with Demetri. She immediately looked down, trying to step around him.

He grabbed her shoulder "woah, calm down." He bent down taking a closer look at her face "what happened to you"

She shrugged "the usual. kid punched me in the face at practice"

Demetri stood up, jokingly getting into a fighting stance "you want me to beat him up?"

"Like you'll do much damage" Hawk stepped behind him, his arms were crossed. He faced Davina "there's no way a kid did that"

"Is it that bad?" She grimaced. She placed a cereal box in front of her face "don't look."

She began to walk towards the medical isle, the box in front of her as she focused on the careful not to fall.

Demetri and Hawk followed her. When Demetri had caught up he snatched the box out of her hands, looking at the logo "you hate captain crunch"

Davina shrugged "it actually tastes pretty nice"

Demetri placed the box on a shelf. He shook his head "are you gonna tell us what happened or are we going to have to follow you home?"

Davina shook her head "its nothing, just a few bruises from practice."

"Cobra Kai really is getting rough" Hawk mocked "what's next, they use knives if you lose a match"

"Cobra Kai is fine" Davina snapped. "You make it seem like Miygi-do and Eagle Fang weren't apart of the fights that happened"

"Cobra Kai started most of them" Hawk snapped back "That's why I left, that's why Miguel left, that why Robby left. Why are you still there"

"I have people that rely on me there"

"You have people that rely on you at Miygi-do" Hawk told her "you have more people there than you do at Cobra Kai"

Davina shook her head "no I don't"

Hawk scoffed "So you're going to pretend like me and Demetri aren't your friends? Like we haven't stuck by you for the past eleven years? How about Miguel? He was your friend aswell, and Sam, even Robby is with us now, you won't leave Cobra Kai even for your own boyfriend"

"I might of" Davina snapped "if he hadn't broken up with me"

"He what?"

Davina shook her head softly "it doesn't matter. what matters to me is Cobra Kai. We aren't friends anymore Hawk, I'm not friends with Miguel, and you of all people should know how I feel about Sam. I have nobody but the people at cobra Kai"

"You have us" Demetri told her "you've always had us, we come as a trio, but right now, you're acting like it's us against you"

Davina went to open her mouth to reply, Hawk cut her off "work with us"

Davina's eyebrows knitted together "what?"

"You can still be in Cobra Kai, just stop by Miyagi-do sometime, train with us if you want, teach us Cobra Kai's new moves. Work with us" he told her. "You've lost so much to Cobra Kai. Please"

"I'll think about it" Davina sighed.

Demetri smiled "I'll inform the others that you'll be stopping by"

"I said I'll think about it, not that I will" Davina reminded him. Demetris smile didn't falter.

"The world is made up of two kinds of people" Sensei Silver spoke "leaders and followers. Cobra Kai, like a military unit, needs both to function successfully. so.... we're gonna divide you up into pairs"

"The goal of each pair is to score a point against an opponent who outmatches you" Sensei Kim told the students "only strong leadership will allow you to prevail"

"Sensei Kim will take the girls, boys. you'll stay here and spar with Sensei Odell" Sensei Silver instructed "spilt up"

Davina, Tory and the other girls of Cobra Kai walked over to where Sensei Kim stood tall.

The girls sat around the mat.

"Heyan" Sensei Kim called out

"Yes Sensei"

"Nevoa"

"Yes Sensei"

The two stood, bowing to their Sensei. Davina walked over to where Kiera Heyan stood. The two bowed together at their Sensei.

"Fighting stance"

Kiera swung forward, Davina looked over at her, watching as Sensei knocked her straight to the ground. "What are you doing? We have to work together"

Kiera scoffed "please, just follow what I'm doing, I'll beat her"

Davina rolled her eyes, Kiera lunged forward, Davina took a different approach sending a kick towards Sensei's stomach. Sensei Kim grabbed both girls flipping them over, they hit the floor in pain.

Kiera groaned.

"Is that pain?" Sensei Kim snapped "pain doesn't here. get off the mat"