𝐕. ATHENA THE SNAKE

v

v. athena the snake
( season one, episode five )
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━ athena crossed her arms, leaning against the yellow concrete wall of her apartment complex. she raised an eyebrow, starring into miguel's soul as the boy tried not to crumble under the girls stare.

"you want me. . . to join your karate dojo?" athena asked, repeating the question he asked her.

miguel swallowed quickly "yes. . that's exactly what i'm asking"

athena rolled her eyes "what is it with everyone trying to recruit me for karate? do i seriously look like i want to kick six year olds asses?"

miguel shrugged, causing athena to glare.

"no- it's just. . ." miguel stuttered under her gaze "you have spark in you?"

"so i'm a light switch?"

migeul sighed, accepting his fate "look, maybe you can meet my sensei. he's super cool. . . there he is."

he pointed towards an middle aged blonde man, who stepped out of his apartment. athena squinted her eyes, her jaw dropping "he's your sensei?"

the man looked over, glaring at the young girl. his eyes drifted over to miguel with a questioning gaze.

miguel waved "hey sensei. this is my friend athena, i think she'll be-"

"no"

miguel's smiled dropped "no?" he repeated his sensei's words.

the blonde man walked over "i said no, this girl is never stepping anywhere near my dojo mat"

athena scoffed "like i would waste my money and time learning from an old man who's a few years off his death bed"

miguel looked between the two confused "do you both know each other."

"she threw an orange at me" the man yelled, annoyed.

athena rolled her eyes "you were creeping me out. what the hell were you doing at a high school halloween dance?"

"recruiting karate students"

"and how'd that work out for you?" athena teased.

the man ignored her, turning to face miguel "never, ever invite her anywhere near my dojo again. she's banned from it"