𝐕𝐈𝐈. HIS BLUE MOHAWK

vii

vii. his blue mohawk
( season one, episode seven )
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━ athena rolled her eyes with her arms crossed, "come on eli. i don't have all day"

"yes you do. you have no life" eli yelled back through his bedroom door.

athena leant against the hallway wall of the moskowitz house. waiting for eli to leave his room after he called her over,

she got off the wall, banging her fists against his white door "stop stalling already.  .  . holy shit eli, you didn't actually gauge out your eye right?"

"no" eli chuckled.

athena bounced on her heels "then please come out and show me what you did. you're leaving me with a lot of thoughts here. i wouldn't be doing that if i was you."

the door opened, athena was met with the same old boy as before, but his hair was up in a blue mohawk.

athena covered her mouth in shock.

"do- do you not like it?" eli asked while stammering over his words.

athena shook her head "no. it looks awesome" she smiled "but why- how do you even have enough hair for that."

eli shrugged "i'm flipping the script, just like sensei lawrence told me to.  .  . i actually have no clue how i had enough hair, but i did."

athena's smiled dropped "you actually listened to that low life old bloke?" she asked

"not everyone has the guts to talk back to a man who can send you to the hospital in minutes like you do" eli reminds her "some of us, you know- have to be bold."

"well, it's definitely a bold choice" athena added "looks spikey"

eli lifted his hand, running it along the top spikes of the mohawk "it's a mohawk, sunshine, it's supposed to be spikey"

athena shrugged "could've done some swirls."

"i'll make sure to have them swirl the ends next time, just for you." eli promised.

"you should go rainbow"

"i love you, sunshine. but there's no way i'm going rainbow"

━━━ "i need somehwere romantic, but not too romantic" miguel explains as he stretches with hawk and aisha while davina sits to the side of them all.

"mcdonald's playground" athena proposed.

miguel slowly turned his head towards her "that is the reason why you don't go on dates."

"excuse me?" athena furrowed her eyebrows "i went on a date with a guy at a mcdonald's playground. it went very well."

"where is he now?" miguel asked.

athena wrapped an arm around eli's shoulders "right here."

eli looked down at his friend before meeting miguels eyes "it was not a date, it was my birthday party and demetri couldn't come."

athena scoffed while moving her arm away. she leaned in towards aisha "men. i swear, they never know what they're talking about."

"you could take her to get tattoos" eli spoke up, ignoring athena's comment.

"what?"

eli stood up, untying his gi "i know a guy, just hooked me up with this bad boy." he took off his shirt, revealing a large hawk tattooed on his back. it had a blue mohawk on its head

"oh my god"

"oh shit"

"that's badass" aisha commented

"right. fourteen hours in the chair" eli tells them.

athena squinted her eyes at the boy "is mother katie okay with that?"

eli placed the gi over the tattoo "she had no idea. definitely gonna have to wear a t-shirt until college. probably longer.  .  .  please don't tell them."

athena smiled. eli pointed a finger at her "i'll chase you down and steal every single episode of the powerpuff girls that you own."

"you wouldn't" she gasped.

eli raised an eyebrow "try me. i know where they all are. even the limited editions ones you hide in your old toys because you don't want others to touch it"

"what are you doing going through my old toys?" athena questioned, eli simply shrugged with a small smirk forming on his face. "seriously- eli-"

"any other suggestions?" miguel asked, forcing his attention into aisha. she was his last resort.

"don't look at me. sam and i used to be friends, we're not anymore" aisha replied.

athena nodded "miguel, are you sure you want to be going on a date but not a date with sam larusso?"

"yes." miguel told her "and i seriously need your help"

aisha sighed "i know that she likes chocolates and astronomy"

miguel nodded his head "i can work with that"

"banned?" johnnys voice boomed across the dojo from his office "what are you talking about?"

miguel quickly stood up, running towards johnny's office. athena let out a sharp breath at the awkward tension filling the room.

━━━ "i didn't know who else to call"

chills covered athena's arms as she stood in front of robby outside larusso's cars rental. she rubbed her arms up and down trying to warm herself up "what even happened"

robby held her stomach in pain, leaning against the concrete wall "got jumped by some kids trying to break in."

athena sighed with a small smile on her face "it's okay" she walked towards him, squatting down to meet his eyes "let's get you out of here before security comes and places you into jail"

robby nodded his head "probably best."

athena agreed, she placed robby's arm around her shoulder helping him stand up. "now, this is my brothers car. so do not do anything i wouldn't in this car. that includes throwing up."

robby furrowed his eyesbrows "wait. . . is it even legal for you to drive?"

athena grimaced causing robby to start to panic. he tried to move away, refusing to get into the car.

athena rolled her eyes "you'll be fine, i've driven around this thing many times. no crashes. i'm the safest driver in the city."

robby shook his head "no- nope. i'm calling some one else."

athena huffed "dude, i'm here." she opened the passenger door "get your ass inside before i knock you unconscious and kidnap you."

"promise you won't get us killed?" robby asked, extending his pinky out towards her.

athena smiled and wrapped her own around his "i promise. get in the car."