𝐈𝐕. WHEN THE PARTY'S OVER

iv

iv. when the party's over
( season one, episode four )
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━ athena hummed as the chorus of new romantics sounded through her earphones. her fingers flipped through the pages of her book as her eyes skimmed through the words.

it came to an absolute shock to her when miguel walked over with his face bruised up. the three boys had went to the bathroom, miguel getting his ass kicked by kyler and his friends while being there.

if athena hated anyone in the school more than sam larusso, it was kyler. he was a stuck up snob for no reason, hell, he wasn't even that good looking. he had just chosen the right friends in life.

"so that's it? no more karate?" demetri asked, the four sitting in the library, all trying to study for their upcoming english exams.

"i guess so" miguel replied.

athena sighed, hearing the heartbreak in his words "for the record, it was cool while it lasted."

miguel sent her a small smile.

"it's probably for the best, it was starting to boost your confidence" demetri remarked.

"isn't that a good thing?" migeul questioned.

"no."

"yes" athena answered "demetri's being an idiot, who lacks self esteem. he's just jealous you reached a level he could only dream about"

"not true" demetri pointed a pen at his friend "let me ask you this athena, what has confidence ever gotten anybody expect for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash?"

eli lifted his head up from his book "well, i thought it was kind of cool how you stood up to kyler"

"are you insane?" demetri remarked "now, let me ask you. what is the best superpower anyone could have?"

"super strength" miguel answered

"wrong. invisibly" demetri 'corrected' him "a distant second would be super speed to run away fast"

"run away from who?"

athena jumped as a hand was placed on her shoulder, she quickly looked back, realising that the hand belonged to kyler. she scoffed, rolling her shoulders a few times, causing it to fall off.