vi. down the rabbit hole

chapter six 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟒, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟔

chapter six
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟒, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟔

tw: self harm! suicide! abuse! drug use!

Davina starred at her bloody hip, then blood oozed down her pale hip, her mind fully unaware of what she had just done. She didn't cry, she felt completely and utterly numb to the bone as she starred at the crimson liquid. She felt no sorrow for herself, no pity, no pain. The emptiness had gotten to her.

It drew wonders to her unhinged mindset how she felt nothing, she placed the small blade into the countertop , running her cold hands under the freezing water, she wrapped some toilet paper around her wrist, damping it before placing the tissue over her bleeding hips.

"Hey buttercup you wouldn't happen to have a -" Tory paused her eyes widened in concern of the girls position "holy crap, what the hell happened to you?"

"I-I-I-" Davina was in pure shock, she watched Tory's eyes drift towards the blade covered in blood that sat on the bench.

Davina reached forward but Tory was quicker, the Nichols girl starred at the blade she held silently, before looking back at the girls hips. Davina felt insecure standing in front of her best friend, everything she relied on came crashing down at that very moment.

Tory reached behind her and Davina heard the door lock, Tory starred straight into the others soul, digging deep into her mind for answers. Davina looked at the floor, the thought of Tory being disgusted by her was traumatic.

Tory sighed, she unslung her bag that sat on her back, she pulled out a bottle of something. Tory stepped closer and Davina stepped away. "I'm not angry. if that's what you believe. I just want to help you"

Davina stayed silent letting the other girl push her shoulders so she was sitting on top of the toilet lid. Tory grabbed Davina's hands begging the other to make any sort of eye contact. "Do you trust me?"

Davina nodded hesitantly, suddenly there was a shot of pain from her hip. "What the hell?"

Tory smiled sheepishly "rubbing alcohol" she took out a flannel from her bag "you might what to bite this if your going to be loud, I'm sure you don't want the rest of the dojo knowing"

Davina didn't listen, she instead wrapped the flannel up and put it in her mouth. Tory went back to cleaning her wounds, tears found their way quickly down Davina's cheeks.

Tory got up after five minutes, she sent her a tiny smile. Davina looked down at her hips, they were clean and Tory had placed a bandage over the cuts.

Tory's face turned cold, she crossed her arms over her chest "now do you wanna tell me why I had to clean that?"

Davina stayed quiet. Tory groaned softly. "Davina. please"

Davina remained the same. She could hear shuffling around her, when she looked up she saw Tory without her shirt. Davina shot the girl a confused look, Tory lifted the side of her sports bra up, showing the other girl light scars.

"I understand you, and I know once you start it's so hard to stop. But. I'm here Davy, I'm here showing you my weaknesses asking for you to explain yours"

"I don't do it often." Davina's voice a little as she starred at Tory's scars "only when it feels necessary"

"and when does it feel necessary?"

Davina clenched her jaw, "whenever I think of that night"

Tory grabbed her hand "what night"

"November 19th"

Tory didn't say anything, she instead sat down on the dirty bathroom floor before speaking "tell me what happened, I'll listen. I'm your best friend, I'm your free therapist"

Davina cracked a small smile, before it dropped. "Are you sure? Its a lot."

"Tell me"

"November 19th was the day my life fell down the rabbit hole." Davina started "the Nevoa bloodline has always been the same - rich, everyone in my family was wealthy without needing to do anything to deserve it. My father didn't like how he constantly was given money by everyone around him, he used to tell me that his parents were big names in the Philippines, and that he couldn't ever get a normal life because everyone was scared of his last name. he ran away when he was 16 and ended up in Ohio, where he met my mother. that's where everything became fucked up."

"on November 19th I realised that the worlds a piece of shit, it's cruel and it will drag you under the sea no matter if you can swim or not. on November 19th I walked into my mother and fathers bedroom, in that room was the most vial thing a eleven year old should ever had to see"

"there was a noose around my fathers neck, the bucket was kicked to the floor, my fathers face was dull. he was completely lifeless. I saw my fathers dead body, not only that but I saw my mother sitting on the bed next to him, she was covered in blood and she held a knife in her hands. That's when I noticed the blood and cuts all over my fathers body"

"I didn't know at the time if he committed suicide or she killed him, but the look she gave me when I saw it told me she was the reason my father was gone. She told me 'she was sorry, she couldn't save him, she had tried cutting him down with the knife' but I wasn't stupid. I told her that, it was the worse mistake I have ever made"

"she charged at me with the knife, she was able to cut a long line across my stomach" she lifted her shirt showing Tory, Tory had been the first person to know she had the scar. "She smashed my head into a wall multiple times and continuously stabbed my older sister when she tried to stop her."

"You had an older sister?" Tory asked.

Davina nodded "she was fifteen when she died, she died in my arms as my older brother called for ambulance. That night, the rope, the knife, my sister, everything about that night was so unreal. I wanted to kill myself, I wanted to be out of the misery my fucked up mind had made me remember constantly. My mother ran away after that night, leaving my thirteen year old brother with me and our two little brothers. I believe she has a new family now"

Davina roughly wiped the tears that had escaped "fuck I really hope she hasn't hurt them"

"I ended up in the hospital that night, but I was long gone once I entered the ambulance. My older brother told me the next day what had happened to Deria, my older sister was dead. She had died while she was still in my arms, nothing could have saved her."

"Me and my brothers were left with nothing, no parents, no older sister, my brother had found 30 grand in my fathers safe, that's all we relied on. 30 fucking grand before my brother could work."

"I hate that night so much, it lives in my head constantly and I hate it. I want it to be over, I don't want to feel this way anymore"

Tory took her into a warm hug, the Nichols girl rubbed her back "I know buttercup, I know"

"when does it end." Davina sobbed. "I've lost everything"

"That's not true Bubbles" Tory's voice was soft "you have me, you have Robby, you have Sensei Kreese and Sliver, you have Kenny. Hell you even have Sam and the rest of Miyagi-fang whatever karate" Tory unwrapped herself lifting her thumb up to wipe her tears. "As long as im here, no one will hurt you. I'll kill them"

"My mothers sick.." Tory began