𝐈. ICECREAM & SPRINKLES IS WHERE ITS AT

i

i. icecream & sprinkles is where it's at
( season one, episode one )
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━ athena nevoa grew up being the mother figure to her two younger brothers.

her mother had been placed in jail years prior, leaving the two younger nevoa's to look towards their older sister in a parental figure.

she was lucky she was never alone, the two boys saw their older brother as a father figure to them. how could you not?

devin and athena had done everything for their two younger brothers, they worked their asses off per night and day, before getting up the next morning and sending the little kids off to school.

the nevoa's didn't have the worst apartment complex. it was a large yellow concrete one, but for what it was worth, the owners didn't make the kids pay much, they were beyond lucky that the owners had been more flexible when it came to them.

that didn't mean they paid nothing, every month the two oldests would work out exactly, how much money they could keep to themselves for needs and how much they could give the apartment owners.

sometimes the amount differed. depending on whether devin worked, athena worked, or they both worked ( which was rare ) the amount they received per month changed all the time.

athena and devin shared a job, whenever devin was unavailable for a shift. athena would always cover it, they worked at a car sales place. ran by daniel larusso. the older man was nice, he knew of the nevoa's lack of parenting and how they had to defend for themselves.

he was even going to let them stay at his for awhile, but both nevoa's declined. they weren't one to be burdens.

devin mainly worked through the day while davina was at school, sometimes athena would pop past after school with the two youngests and take devin's position. but most the time devin was the one working.

athena was beyond grateful for her older brother, he wasn't much older than her, three years. having just turned eighteen a few months ago.

he had dropped out of school, knowing he wasn't going to get far. he had decided to start working during the days, so they didn't have to pay the nearby neighbourhood a few bucks for looking after the two youngest.

just because he had dropped out, didn't mean he was ever gonna let his little sister drop out. no matter how many times she could beg him, he always told her not to. he needed at least one of them to do something with their life.