Chapter 7

Snow had been living at the Shie Hassaikai for over a month, her room was decorated the way she wanted. Her walls had Eri's pictures, her and Stain, her and everyone in the building and her weapons over her desk. She had a red rug by her bed with her slippers, she had a mirror that she kept covered and a shoe rack beside it.

Eri's room had a box for her teddies, a box for her dolls and between them was a doll house. Her walls had a picture of her and Snow, some of her own pictures and a painting she done. Her new bed was a princess bed with a pink canopy with stars. She had fluffy pillows and a cute butterfly teddy on her bed while a purple and blue rug was on the floor. She had a mirror with a fantasy theme around it with two sets of drawers. On for her normal clothing and the other for her dress up, same with shoe racks.

Overhaul kept the rest of the base plain but had a few pictures here or there due to Snow's insistent pestering. His room had a picture of him, Eri and Snow because Snow insisted him to have something different.

"Overhaul! Hold the ladder still!" Snow was fixing a popped light while Overhaul was holding the ladder.

"I am, stop moving so much!" He yelled back up at her making her look at him before dealing with the light again. "Why are you doing this? One of my men could have."

"Their taking Eri to the park and I kinda wanna surprise Chronostasis since it's his birthday. The cake is in the fridge, his present is in his room and now all the chores are done." Snow came down from the ladders but missed the last one and fell backwards into the male helping her. "Sorry!" She quickly moved before putting the broken bulb into the bag she has put every rubbish she had found around the house.

Overhaul put the ladders away before taking the bag from her and putting it in the bin outside. Snow took the cake out the fridge before putting birthday candles into it. The door opened as Overhaul walked in the room making Snow smile. Eri ran down the halls with the guys following her, they new the plan so they made sure Chronostasis was last.

Once they were all in the same room, they all said happy birthday to the white hooded, white haired, grey eyes man making him take his mask off and smile. "Was this a problem?"

"Nope! A pleasure! All chores are done, all the base has been cleaned so you can enjoy yourself today. Eri wanted to celebrate birthdays now that she's happier." Snow lit the candles before picking the cake up and walking to him. "Make a wish!"

Chronostasis blew out the candles and smiled, thanking everyone for today. Snow put the cake down and handed him a knife so he can cut it. He done so while Snow got the plates, Eri helped Snow hand the plates to him. Chronostasis put the cake slices onto the plates for everyone to grab.

"You have a present in your room, it's from all of us." Snow sat down with everyone to enjoy some cake and watch tv. Eri sat next to her while Overhaul sat at the edge of the couch.

"Thank you, again. This is nice." Chronostasis sat down smiling as everyone ate and watched the news. Snow stopped eating after seeing her father's image on the screen. She placed the plate down before moving to the floor to watch the news.

"This man after years of being gone has came back alive and is looking for his daughter. If you have seen this girl," A picture of Snow as a child went on the screen. "Please contact him, he would love to have her back."

Snow turned the TV off quickly. "He died, my gas always kills. How is he alive?" Chronostasis looked at her as fear was written all over her face. "Did I empty the room to early?"

"If you like we can find him and kill him..." Snow shook her head at the birthday boy's request. "Why not? Killing someone sounds like the best birthday activity."

"Because...he's the one with the toxic...one touch and your dead. He realized it didn't work on me so both parents knew I had some form of toxic but my touch wasn't it so they didn't care...I'm going for a walk, enjoy your birthday and if you need me call." Snow left without her weapons and only her phone.

Snow walked around the streets before seeing the news caster and her father. Fear stricken she ran back in the alleyway and hid. Her heart was racing while her mind went 100 miles an hour. Her phone went so she answered it, it was Overhaul.

"Go to the end of the alleyway." He hung up after saying so making Snow follow his order. She walked to the back of the alleyway to see him, she ran to him and hid behind him, he felt her shaking. "He's there isn't he?"

She didn’t dare speak but he knew he was right. Overhaul walked through the alleyway and into the light of the street to see Snow's father talking with the news caster. Snow followed him before walking beside him.

"Snow!" Her father's voice boomed as he seen her, she lowered her head as the news caster turned to her as well as their crew. "That girl is my daughter!"

"That girl is a lady and works for me." Overhaul spoke before moving forward making the father step forward, not backing down.

"I'm only looking to have my daughter back, not an argument with who she works for." The father smiled sweetly before reaching for Snow. Overhaul grabbed his wrist and pushed him back. "It's my daughter!"

"She hates and fears you! You done nothing but abuse her!"

"I did not!"

"Then why does she have years of scars?"

"Probably from fights, she is a violent little girl-"

"Okay, enough!" Snow's voice rang though their ears making them both look at her. Her father's anger was nothing new to her but Overhaul's is. She walked over and between both men before looking at her father. "You are a huge jackass, I'd say something much worse but we're on the news so I'll be polite about this. You and mother done nothing but abuse me for years, physically and mentally. Once that got old you brought people over to have their way with me causing me more trauma and abuse." Her father's growl made her lower her head.

Overhaul took her hand but made sure the camera couldn't see. He spoke calmly but harsh. "Snow has worked for me for over a month now, she has made my group and myself better but that won't stop me from using my quirk and killing you on live tv." He felt Snow's hand hold his back, he could feel her heart racing crazily. "Now do everyone a favour and leave."

"Not without my-" Overhaul pulled Snow behind him before taking off a glove and touching her father's shoulder making him explode. Snow let out a gasp of surprise as her father's blood splattered about the place.

Overhaul put his glove back on before looking at the scared woman that works for him. "Let's go home, I feel disgusting for even touching him." He started walking making Snow walk after him.

"Thank you." Her voice was soft and full of care. She stopped in the alley way and pulled his sleeve making him look at her. "Hold still for a second." He complained about the blood but stopped after Snow used her hoodie's sleeve to wipe the blood from his face. "Chronostasis is gonna be mad he didn't get to kill him."

"He pushed me to the door, he told me to help." He finally noticed her smile, it was bright as she thanked him again. "You’re smiling brightly for once."

"You stood up for me, why wouldn't I smile." She finished wiping the blood off his face before walking with him again towards the base.