Chapter 8

Snow was talking with Chronostasis while Eri was making bullets with Overhaul, she was getting cookies afterwards so she agreed. Snow sat on the couch with Chronostasis cleaning the table.

"So, you want to get him a present?" The male looked up at the girl sitting cross-legged on the couch.

"Yes, he basically saved me from my father and that terrible life. I got Stain a knife for taking me in and raising me and he kept using it as his main weapon. I feel obligated to get him something." Her voice was soft, it has been days since the death of her father, almost a week.

"Snow...just having you here is a good gift for him. He's happier." Chronostasis wiped the table before getting up and helping Snow up to walk about. "Get him a new mask if you wanna get him something."

"He uses his plague one a lot but the black one when he's in here. Oh, maybe I could get him a new tie, the black one he has blends into his top." Snow heard a door open making the two look and seen Eri walk out crying. "Oh no, honey pie!" Snow picked up Eri before hushing her and holding her close.

"Making bullets does hurt her." Overhaul walked out before Chronostasis walked in to clean up the room. "Sorry Eri, let's get you your cookies." Snow smiled softly at him before walking to the kitchen with him.

Eri hugged into Snow making her giggle before patting her back softly. "It's ok Eri, I'm here, honey."

"You call her honey a lot." Overhaul reached into the fridge and handed Eri a cookie.

"She's a kid and it's a cute nickname for her." Snow placed Eri down so she could eat the cookie. "What would you like as a gift? I've been thinking since you killed my father and I'm stuck. You clean, wear masks and hate a lot of things."

"Your getting me a gift?" Eri sat quietly as Overhaul and Snow spoke. "You don't need to."

"I don't need to but I want to!" She smiled before picking Eri up after she's done with her cookie. "If you think of anything, tell me. I'm going to play games with this little princess before putting her down for a nap." Snow walked away with Eri before going to the kid's room to play anything Eri wanted.

"Can we watch a movie instead?" Eri looked up at her as Snow nodded. She walked into Eri's room and put a movie on before sitting on the bed with her. Eri cuddled into her and watched the tv while Snow fixed her hair and bandages.

After the movie, Eri went to sleep and Snow snuck out the room quietly before closing the door. Snow smiled to herself before whispering a quiet goodnight. She walked to the kitchen to see dinner was already made, she walked to the table to see everyone sitting and waiting for her.

"Snow, come sit, the boss has news." Snow sat down as Shin spoke. "One question though. Why do you always have your hair up?"

"Keeps it out my face and it's what I'm used to. Having it down just feels weird..." Snow looked at Overhaul. "So, what's your news?"

"I have thought on it and maybe Eri should go to school-" Snow cut him off making him just silently glare at her.

"Yay! I knew you'd come around to it! I know the perfect school!" Snow smiled before looking down. "Sorry, I interrupted you."

"Interrupt again I will take down all the pictures in your room and hide them." Snow apologised again before looking at him. "I was hoping you'd take and collect her, she trusts you and still fears us."

"Sure! Thought of anything for your gift?" The men started eating knowing the lady and their boss will be arguing soon.

"No and your not getting me anything."

"I wanna!"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Kai..." Snow pouted making him groan and sigh before reluctantly giving in. He looked at her before eating. "Yay!" She ate as well, the only noise made was forks and knives.

Once food was eaten and dishes was cleaned, Snow sat in Overhaul's office with him looking at schools online. Snow kept finding good schools and Overhaul kept shooting them down. They went like this for hours before Snow sighed and told him to pick one.

"We need one that's close." Snow groaned before leaning back on the couch. "What?"

"Your impossible. Just pick one!" Snow looked at him before yawning. "It's getting late." Her voice proved she was more tired than she seemed.

"Go to bed, we'll continue this in the morning." Overhaul went to get up but Snow spoke making him stop.

"Noooo. Let's do this now, we find one, we can apply in the morning." Snow leaned forward and kept searching until her laptop was moved from her. "Kaaaiii." Her whine made him growl lightly before pointing to the door. "No."

"Go to bed." As much as he was also tired, he needed to do paperwork before going to his and Snow wasn't making it easy.

"Make me." Snow folded her arms before looking at him and smiled. "You won't, your too much of a mysophobic person to even-Ah!"

Overhaul picked her up before walking out his office and to her room. "Your going to bed." Snow went to complain but soon fell asleep due to his body heat and feeling safe near him. He looked at her before coming to a stop, her body cuddled into him while in her sleep and her face peaceful making him sigh quietly.

He continued walking and went to her room. He opened the door and walked in, before he could place her on the bed, he seen a small box on her bedside table. He placed her down before opening the box to see a small plague doctor plushie. He felt a smile go on his face as he closed the box and got Snow comfy on her bed.

After tucking her in her eyes flickered open as he went to leave. "C-Can you stay?" Snow knew he'd say no but still wanted to ask, her voice sleepy but to her surprise he looked at her before moving her desk chair beside her bed. "Are you ill?" She sat up to feel his forehead but he grabbed her hand and lowered it back down.

"If I stay, you'll sleep. If I leave, you'll escape the room. Go to sleep now." Snow obeyed him and lied back down before turning on her side to look at him. "What?"

"Tell me a story." Overhaul just looked at her before raising an eyebrow. "Please?" He sighed before starting a story. Snow fell asleep to his tale and slept peacefully for once.

Overhaul watched her sleep for a while before smiling softly to himself. "What have you done to me?" He leaned forward, his head resting in his hands while he looked at her.