Chapter 9

Snow and Overhaul woke up to the group and Eri looking at them, Overhaul fell asleep on the seat so Chronostasis moved him onto the bed and they both ended up cuddling. Overhaul growled while Snow wiped her eyes as she sat up.

"Hm?" Her soft voice startled everyone as she looked at them. "Why are you in my room? What time is it?" She took her hair out her ponytail before grabbing her brush, not noticing Overhaul one bit.

"It's 7am and we're in here because of the boss being in your bed." Toya spoke making Snow freeze with her brush in her hair. She looked at Overhaul before feeling her face flush and moving to a wall. "Oh my god, you didn't know!?"

"I am so sorry Overhaul!" Snow bowed slightly before keeping her gaze on the ground before she brushed her hair again.

"It's fine. Who moved me?" His voice darker making Snow's cheeks go a deeper shade. Chronostasis spoke up making the boss growl. "You couldn't put me in my bed?"

"What's wrong with her bed?" Chronostasis picked up Eri as the group slowly left. "From what we seen her bed is comfy and your not in hives so it must be very clean."

Overhaul went to speak but a soft voice spoke before him. "I keep my room tidy, I always have...it was beaten into me. If I created a mess, I was punished..." Snow's soft voice turned to her natural calming tone as she woke up. "Mother told me if my room was messy the guests would punish me worse." Her tiredness slipping as she realized what she said.

The three left in the room watched as tears fall to the floor. Chronostasis placed Eri down to see her run to the crying lady and hug her. Snow lowered herself down and hugged the girl tightly before smiling softly to her and wiping her own tears.

Overhaul got up and left the room with Chronostasis following him. Eri was picked up and held close as Snow left the room not long after them. Eri held onto her as they went to the kitchen.

Yu and Shin were making breakfast while Toya, Rappa and Rikiya were making the table. Snow sat Eri down before grabbing strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas and syrup to put on the table as Yu placed a few plates of waffles on the table with Shin and Sakaki. They all sat to eat but Overhaul didn't join them.

Overhaul went on a walk to find something for Snow. He knew she had been through a lot and risked her life to try and kill anyone. He wanted to show her, she was welcomed and didn't need to worry about her past catching her. He walked into store after store but couldn't find anything.

A villain grabbed something and went to run past him, Overhaul caught their arm and pulled him back before glaring at them. "You...Your Overhaul..." Fear ran through the villain as they stood still, looking at the male before them.

"I need help, you will help me or I will let you be caught. Understand?" Overhaul smiled under his plague mask as the villain nodded. They walked around until they found the perfect gifts for Snow. "Thank you, you may go now." The villain left as Overhaul bought what they found. He made his way back to the base before walking in he could hear voices, Snow and Shin.

"Shin! Apologise right now!" Snow's angered voice echoed through the entire base.

"Why should I!?" Shin didn't understand why he had to, only that his quirk would make her tell the truth.

"Why!? Let's see, Chronostasis got stabbed! Eri is crying! And I am mad at you!" Snow sighed before calming herself to stop toxins escaping. "Shin, your quirk isn't needed. Look, just go apologise, please."

"...Fine. Chronostasis, I'm sorry. Eri please stop crying, let's get you some sweets." Shin gave in before taking Eri to the kitchen.

Snow dealt with Chronostasis as the door opened. Chronostasis shouted 'boss' as Snow stitched his wound shut. "Hi Overhaul, training got out of control and Shin caused Chronostasis to get hurt." Snow finished the stitching before raising her head to look at him, her hair still down making it fall over her face slightly. "Where did you go? Getting Shin to apologise would have been so much easier with you here."

"I was out buying somethings, sorry to leave you with them." Overhaul walked over before looking at her hands covered in blood. "Go clean your hands and meet me in my office. Chronostasis, you have the day off. Rest well and if you need anything, Shin will get you it." Chronostasis nodded before leaving to his room.

"We still have schools to search for. Maybe there is one close enough but I doubt it." Snow smiled to him before walking to the bathroom to clean her hands.

"You pick a school, I'll set it up and you'll be able to take Eri to it next week." Overhaul spoke making Snow stop at the door and look at him.

"Your really trusting me to pick a school?" Her voice showed how shocked she was. He nodded making her smile again, her eyes shining slightly. "I'll pick one she'll learn perfectly from, one that will make her happy and she'll be safe in."

Overhaul walked over to her before opening the door for her to stop blood getting on the handle. "I know you will, Snow. Your sweet and protective enough to pick one." His voice quiet and soft making sure the others couldn't hear him.  He walked away and went to his office.

Snow's face heated up before she walked into the bathroom and cleaned the blood from her hands. All that ran through her mind was Overhaul calling her sweet. She dried her hands before going to Overhaul's office. She knocked before walking in but stopped when she seen him with the laptop on his lap and a bag on the table.

"Over-" She was cut off when he looked at her and spoke.

"Come sit, I have a present for you." Snow obeyed and walked over to sit beside him. "It wasn't easy to find but if it helps you know you don't have to worry about your past repeating then I don't care how long it took me to find it or who helped me find it."

Snow grabbed the bag before taking out the gifts, her eyes widened at them. She held a plushie of black cat with gold eyes, a plushie of a white and grey bunny and a necklace made of gold. It had an orb of blue and white, it looked like the sky was turned into a beautiful necklace. She lowered her gifts before lowering her face, her hair covering her eyes so he couldn't see her.

He moved the laptop and went to make her look at him but froze when he saw her shoulder shaking slightly as small wet marks appeared on her lap. "Snow..." His voice, soft but full of care, made Snow look up and smile at him.

"Their beautiful! Thank you!" The tears ran down her face as she looked at him. He raised his hand to her cheek and wiped the tears as they fell. "...Now I really need to get you a gift!" She let out a small giggle making Overhaul move her closer.

Her giggle came to a halt at how close they were. His black mask hiding his smile but his eyes shined letting her know he was happy. "Snow, you making Eri happy and my men feeling less lonely is a gift. I don't need another." Snow shook her head as he moved his hand. "Snow-"

"I want to! You can't make me not want to repay you!" Snow looked into his eyes, heat rushing to both of them from the space between them. Snow looked down before speaking. "I know what to give you but you have to promise not to make it awkward."

"I'll try not to?" Overhaul responded making Snow look up and lean in before kissing his cheek. He felt his face go darker and warmer. He checked his arm as she pulled away, no hives. "You...you really are something else." He looked at her as she turned her gaze away, her face clearly bright red.

"I repaid you for saving my life." Snow's gaze went to the laptop before she grabbed it. "We should look for schools." She changed the subject quickly and kept her hair hiding her face while they searched together.