8 : Vulnerabilities

"Face... check. Body... Oh, my g—" Sana mumbles to herself while intently scrolling on her phone. She is lying flat on her back in her dorm bed. "WOW. A big check. Hmm... Now, let's see. What about her talent?"

She glances at the other girl in the room for a second, then goes back to tinkering with her device. "I have to see some sample videos. Not this. Not this." She continues scrolling on her screen. "But I can't believe how good looking she is. Hmm... Not thi— OH. This might be a good video."

The cheer captain shifts her position to her tummy and murmurs some more. "I heard she's the real deal. Looks like the news is true. She really has some moves. But— Gosh. Why does she have to be this beautiful?" She continues to hover on her mobile. "How do you read her name? Umm... Tzu—"

"Stalking someone again on social media?" Mina finally asks after hearing an awful lot of Sana's monologue. She is also lying on her bed. Her back against the sheets with an arm over her forehead.

"I'm not stalking her. Being the most responsible leader I am, I was just checking out the cheer captain of the other team that—"

"Wow. Are you threatened by this other cheer captain?" Mina cuts in to tease. "I never thought you had those tendencies."

"Hey! I thought you're still feeling a bit under the weather?! Go back to being the quiet roomie who—" Sana's protest was cut off by soft knocks heard from their door.

It is just the start of the university's term break. Students who didn't have to take supplementary classes are just lazing around the vicinity, waiting for the enrollment period to start.

"Tsk." The cheer captain glared at the smirking Mina one last time before tending to their unexpected visitor.

"Yo!" Jeongyeon exclaims as soon as the door is opened. She just walked straight over Sana and happily waved to the council president. "How are you feeling, Pres?"

Mina sluggishly sits on her bed. "My head's still a bit heavy but I'm better now."

"What?" Sana's voice is heard from the hallways with their door still ajar. "Are you entering or not?"

A few seconds later, an oddly shy Chaeyoung enters the room, carrying some plastic bags from maybe a nearby convenience store. She cautiously walks towards the council president, settling on where Jeongyeon is standing still in the middle of the room.

Mina waited for the smaller girl to make eye contact with her. "Hello."

"Hi." Chaeyoung hands the plastic bags to her. "I— I bought some fruits and energy drinks."

Jeongyeon finally lets out the laughter she was holding since her roomie entered the room. "Bro! You look like some teenager who saw her crush's room for the first time!"

Chaeyoung immediately glared at the council treasurer who wasn't affected a bit and just continued laughing out loudly in teasing.

Sana, on the other hand, seems uninterested by the commotion as she plops herself back on her bed. She raises her phone to her face and is now back to scrolling on its screen, continuing to concentrate on whatever she was doing earlier.

After a minute of the cheer captain's unbothered behavior, her eyes widened at her phone screen. Then, she darts her eyes to their visitors who are now bickering at each other in the middle of the dorm room. "Hey, Jeongyeon!"

"Hmm?" The treasurer answers while trying to calm herself from her fits of laughter. "What is it?"

"Your girlfriend's surname is Chou, right?"

"Yeah." The taller girl walks to Sana's bed and sits with her. "Why did you suddenly ask?"

The cheer captain shoves her phone in front of Jeongyeon's face. "Is this her?"