73 : Service Charge

The two cheer captains are now comfortably seated at one of the benches that is lining the open field. The sun has already set, hence the already lit park lamps alongside the jog path in the area.

Tzuyu's head is currently resting on the vice president's shoulder while one of Sana's arms is wrapped to the younger girl's waist.

When Sana thought that Tzuyu had finally calmed down from her earlier burst of emotions in the parking lot, she decided to start another topic that crossed her mind. "Tzu."

"Hmm?" The younger cheer captain hums while mindlessly fidgeting with Sana's free hand.

"Now that I think about it... How many girls have you let sit on that shotgun seat, huh?"

"Huh? What are you—"

Sana rolls her eyes. "Don't play dumb with me, Chou—"

"But I really don't know what you're referring to."

"Ugh." The vice president rolls her eyes again. "Boys. Girls. Whatever kind of person you've dated or flirted with before me. How many were there?"

"Huh?" Tzuyu responds innocently. "What are you talking about? I never had one."

"HEY." Sana quickly hits the arm of the girl who is unfazed by her actions. "Think harder, Tzu. Like even just one minor—"

"But, I really never had one."

The older girl blinks a couple of times. Then, she scrunches her brows and leans away from Tzuyu, breaking all of their current points of physical contact. "Are you for real?"

The younger cheer captain immediately slumped her shoulders, pouted, and mumbled. "You moved away from me."

"No, no, no. Sorry." Sana quickly scoots closer and gently guides Tzuyu's head back to her shoulder. She consecutively puts her arm behind the other girl's waist as the latter reaches out for her hand again. She then flashes a wide smirk. "I swear you're too clingy and needy right now."

"But you said earlier it's fine."

"It is." The older girl chuckles. "I'm actually liking it."

"So..." Tzuyu pursued the last topic. "Have you dated before?"

The older girl awkwardly laughs. "Just... some flings. They were never serious! They were never even labeled as something official! Be— believe me. They were just for the adrenaline."

Sana was waiting to see how Tzuyu would react. She thought that the younger cheer captain would push her, act annoyed, and maybe even drive away from their school right then and there.

However, the younger cheer captain simply moved her arms to hug the vice president's waist, snuggling her head as close as she could to the crook of Sana's neck.

When Tzuyu still stayed silent, Sana decided to call out in bewilderment. "Won't— Tzu. Hey, won't you say—"

"Sana."

"Ye— Yeah?"

"Am I also a fling to you?"

Sana went stiff for a second, then her face softened as she faintly smiled. "Chou Tzuyu."

"Hmm?"

Sana gently breaks the embrace she is receiving, slightly turning her body to face Tzuyu. She looked directly into the younger girl's eyes. "I know I can't justify how I acted up these past years when the hope of you finding me was wavering. My youthful hormones got the best of me and I thought that nothing would be lost if I played around. But—"

"It's fine." Tzuyu tightens her grip on Sana's free hand. Her face is laced with sadness and insecurity. "It's not like I didn't make you wait so long. And— and I understand that we were just kids back then and it's not like I'm that much of a catch compared to you. That is why—"