77 : The Concert Guy

"Dahyun! Kim Dahyun!"

Sana quickly taps the council secretary's arm. "I think someone's calling out your name."

The two council girls are now in a decent sea of concert goers who are busy either making their way out of the hall or taking pictures with some event participants and friends. The classical concert that they attended just ended about fifteen minutes ago.

"Hey, Dahyun! Over here!"

Dahyun looks around and finally finds the person frantically calling out to her. A big smile is immediately drawn to her face. "Hey, Mr. Concert guy!"

"Oh!" Sana squints and blinks at the energetic guy who practically ran towards them. "Weren't you the guy who played solo on the piano earlier?"

"That's right." The man in full black, elegant suit flashes a wide smile. "Well, it would be weird if I didn't play at the concert and I'm wearing this attire."

Sana awkwardly laughs at him in response.

"Ah! Sorry, where are my manners?" The guy abruptly extends his arms, gesturing for a handshake. "I'm Bhuwakul Bambam. My surname may sound a bit unusual since my parents are actually Thai."

"No worries. My surname also sounds a bit different around here. I'm—"

"Minatozaki Sana, right? The university's cheer squad captain and the vice president of the student council."

"You... know me?" This time Sana wears a curious look.

"What are you talking about?" Bambam faintly chuckles. "Everyone knows a pretty Cheer girl."

"Hey!" Dahyun yells and cuts in. "Don't throw a pick up line on her! She already has a girlfriend!"

"Woah." The guy raises both his arms in the air. "What are you talking about? I was just stating the truth!"

"Tsk!" The council secretary glares at him. "I always tell you to shut up that mouth of yours around single girls!"

Bambam simply laughs at her.

"So..." Sana asks again. "You're also from our school?"

"Yeah! I'm actually of the same year and same program as you girls are but... I guess we never had the chance to be put on the same class schedules."

The cheer captain nods. "I see."

"Oh! And that is how I know you." Bambam flashes another smile and miserably fails a wink. "Please don't label me as some creep when you accidentally see and recognize me along the university hallways."

Dahyun playfully shoves her hand onto his face. "Stop winking! It really makes you look like a creep!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down! I'll behave now." He pushes the council secretary's arm away while chuckling. "Anyway, are you girls going somewhere after this?"

Dahyun quickly answers. "Nah. We're actually on our way back to the dorms."

"Nice!" Bambam yells energetically.

"Huh?"

"Let's grab a snack at a nearby restaurant. Meal's on me!"

"Wow! You won't back down on your word, okay?" The council secretary points a finger at him. "I'm actually a big eater."

"I already know that you're a glutton. Nothing would surprise me now about your eating habits."

"Hey! You really are—"

"Meet me after five minutes in the concert hall's lobby!" He started to run back towards the back stage. "I will just tidy up and change into something casual!"

—— Two hours later ——

The two council girls have just stepped outside of the building complex that housed the restaurant where they just ate with Bambam. They are now slowly walking towards the pickup area near one of the entrances.

Sana suddenly halts her legs and scrunches her eyebrows in visible annoyance. "I don't like him!"

"Huh? Who?" Dahyun also stops her legs and turns to look back at the cheer captain. "The guard who checked our bags?"

Sana scoffs. "Why would I be bothered by the guard? Of course, he's not the one I'm talking about!"

The council secretary rolls her eyes. "You're the one who suddenly blabbered a sentence without a proper context here! So— who is it that you're referring to again?"

"Tsk! Your friend! The concert guy! The one we just ate snacks with!"

"Ahh. Bambam? Why—" Dahyun slowly widens her eyes. "Hey. Is that also why I noticed that you were all awkward and silent at the restaurant earlier?"

"Yeah." Sana states flatly.

"Why? What did he do to you?" The council secretary innocently asks.

The cheer captain crosses her arms in dismay. "All he did was talk and ask about my best friend! He sounds like he is interested in my Mina."

Dahyun then suddenly chuckles. "I think 'interested' is an understatement for him, Minatozaki."

"Huh?" Sana raises one of her eyebrows. "What do you mean? Don't tell me..."

"Yeah. Bambam's been fanboying on Pres since who knows when. He might as well worship her."

The cheer captain slowly widens her eyes. "I KNEW IT! That guy is bad news!"

"What are you saying?" Dahyun calms herself from her chuckles. "Don't worry. He's a good guy. He never tried expressing his feelings for Pres since he always thought that Myoi Mina is someone unreachable for someone like him. He is already convinced that he will never have the chance to be friends with Pres, moreover develop into something romantic. I think he has this idea like the two of them are in different timelines."

Sana sarcastically comments. "Well, he better just keep thinking like that."

"What's the deal with you, huh? You're acting like you're Pres' possessive and protective girlfriend."

"I am her best friend!" The cheer captain's face softens in sincerity. "I know how much Mina has been in love with Chaeyoung all this time. And I can see how she is starting to be happy and content with the progress her relationship with that cub is going. I just don't want her to be in a bothersome situation again."

Dahyun then genuinely smiles. "Don't worry. As I've told you... Bambam's a good guy. Don't mind him."

"You two seem close."

"Ahh. That is because we've been working on the Theater Club since our freshman year."

Sana pursues her curiosity. "I see. So he's another club member, huh?"

"He's actually not just another member." Dahyun nonchalantly states. "I'm the Assistant Director of the club, right?"

"Yeah. That I know." The cheer captain slightly tilts her head in confusion. "What's it got to do with that guy?"

Dahyun gives a smug look. "He. Is. The Director."

"Ahh." The cheer captain rolls her eyes. "Well, it's not like that information will make me more interested in him."

The council secretary just laughed at her and shrugged the topic off.

The two of them continued to walk in silence for about a minute when Sana abruptly stopped her legs. "WAIT."

"Why? What's wrong?" Dahyun quickly asks.

"KIM DAHYUN!"

"What?"

The vice president simply stared at Dahyun. She holds and squeezes one of the council secretary's arms with widened eyes.

"WHA— Speak right the hell now, Minatozaki Sana! You're starting to scare me!"

"If Bambam is the theater club director... then—" Sana slowly points a finger to her. "THEN HE WILL BE AT THE—"

"OOHHH!" Dahyun shouts her reaction as she suddenly realizes what the cheer captain was about to say. "Why haven't I realized that obvious coincidence? Bambam is one of the students chosen to attend the upcoming leadership camp!"