25 : Start at the Cabin

It is the day of the council's planned year end party. Their original plan of simply buying food and having an overnight barbecue at the backyard of Sana's house was obviously not put into motion.

When Jeongyeon asked the council members if she could bring her girlfriend with her, Chaeyoung bugged everyone else that she also wanted to join in. In just a short span of hours, their event unexpectedly ballooned to two days at a vacation house owned by Nayeon's family with, of course, the two additional non-council members.

"Here we are!" Sana energetically announces from the middle seat as Dahyun parks her car.

In contrast to the cheer captain's enthusiasm, all the other people lazily moved from their seats.

Chayeoung sluggishly removed her travel sleep mask. She is on the third row of the SUV beside some huge bags from the people who overpacked.

Mina didn't even mind opening her eyes and snuggled more to Sana's shoulder. She is sitting in the middle seat together in between the cheer captain and Nayeon.

Dahyun turns off the engine and lets out a huge sigh. "That was tiring!" She glares at Jeongyeon who is at the shotgun seat. "Never ever be the navigator again!"

"Hey! It wasn't my fault that you did not take that last turn!"

"You told me there was a shortcut around that corner! I will never trust you over the navigation app like ever again."

"The roads were diverging! It was really confusing, Kim Dahyun. And you know full well that the app is not always right!"

Nayeon opens the side door abruptly and cuts in the two council members' argument. "Wow! I could say the place still looks really nice even from the outside."

"Tsk." Dahyun also opens the door beside her after glaring one last time at the council treasurer. She hastily exits the car.

Jeongyeon just noticeably scoffs at her.

Mina simply repositions her head on the car seat's cushion, still has her eyes closed. She mumbles indifferently, "Can someone please remind me why there is a non-essential person at the back?"

Sana giggles at the collective scenes she is currently witnessing, "Wow. I think the next two days of my life are going to be fun!"

They parked in front of a fancy cabin house. There are a lot of trees, shrubs, and potted flowers around. The vegetation's leaves lightly sway in the cold breeze that softly blows in the area from time to time.

Jeongyeon opened the back of the car where Chaeyoung opted to hop out from. The two of them consecutively started unloading the group's things, transferring it to the cabin's front porch.

Mina finally exits the car after a couple more minutes. She is still hugging the cat pillow she brought that is about one third of her size.

Seconds after, Sana follows and hops out of the car, closing the door behind her.

It is just past nine in the morning. They agreed to leave right after lunch the next day.

"In fairness, this place is really good." Chaeyoung utters as she paces within the lawn, carrying things from the car.

"Of course it is!" Nayeon proudly answers as she starts to walk straight to the house. All the other people promptly followed her except for Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung who were still unloading groceries and other non-personal items.

"I didn't know this place was ready again. Nayeon told me that some redevelopments were being made here like... just summer this year?" Jeongyeon starts.

"I know, right? And look at the place... Wow, this isn't even their main vacation house. Tzuyu's family is really rich."

Jeongyeon stops her movement in wonder, "You know Tzuyu?"

"Ah— Ye— Yeah." Chaeyoung starts to awkwardly laugh. "She is Nayeon's step sister, right?"

The council treasurer slowly nods. Her face looked not convinced with her roommate's answer. "How did you know Tzuyu's name? Have we ever talked about my girlfriend's sister?"

"Maybe...? Or maybe Nayeon mentioned it to me."

Jeongyeon nods again.

Then, the council treasurer slowly squints at Chaeyoung. "Hey! Tzuyu's one real pretty and adorable girl. You're not, perhaps..." She points her finger at the soccer ace. "You're not cheating at Pres, are you?"

"WHAT THE— I'd be stupid to do that! Plus—" Chaeyoung trails in a disappointed tone, "We are not even dating yet."

"SO YOU STILL THINK IT'S OKAY TO CHEAT SINCE YOU'RE NOT OFFICIAL—"

Chaeyoung quickly covers the treasurer's mouth, "What are you blabbering about! I swear I'm going to kill you if Minari hears us and gets the wrong idea!"

Jeongyeon removes the soccer player's hand from her mouth. "Bro, it's just weird that you mentioned Tzuyu when Nayeon is the one you are acquainted with."

"Oh, come on! We're roommates! We're together most of the time! Nayeon's your girlfriend! Tzuyu's her sister! You will never know when either of you could've said it and I just happen to remember!" Chaeyoung elaborates in an annoyed tone, all the while glaring at Jeongyeon.

"Okay, okay. I get it." The treasurer answered with her hands up in the air in surrender. She awkwardly chuckles as she taps Chaeyoung's shoulder, "Chill. You're overreacting."

"Tsk! I already said not to make a big deal out of it." The soccer player glances one last time at her roomie before leaving and entering the house.

Jeongyeon just stared at Chaeyoung's retreating figure. "She looks more guilty when she reacts like that." She then shrugged the topic off and also followed inside the cabin.

The people who are already inside seem to be discussing something, judging by the exchanges of the sound of their voices.

"So we have three private rooms. Two of those can accommodate two people each while the remaining one room can have..." Nayeon mumbles and counts her fingers before continuing, "five. That is the largest room and has three beds in it. One of the smaller rooms is here on the first floor while the other two are upstairs."

"How about we squeeze in all ourselves in that one large room?" Sana suggests.

Dahyun agrees, "That's actually a good idea! At least, we can still have some talks before sleeping."

Nayeon scrunches her brows, "But we currently have six people. Who would want to share a bed more than its capacity?"

"We can take one of the mattresses from the smaller room and lay it on the floor. I don't mind sleeping there." Chaeyoung cuts in.

"Okay, deal?"

"DEAL!" Everyone else answers in unison as they start going upstairs.