9 : She Knows

"Argh!" Chaeyoung annoyingly shouts as she jogs to pick up the frisbee disc, dropped on the grass for the nth time. "Why can't I catch it?!"

Jeongyeon teasingly laughs at her and yells back. "You may be good at soccer bro but I think this ain't your kind of game."

It is the middle of the term break. The weather is certainly fine for loitering outside. A slightly cold air is breezing through the university's open field, evident in the curtains of the open student dorm windows. There are a few groups of clouds scattered across the sky.

"Oh!" Mina points to the roommates playing frisbee in the open field. "There they are."

Sana promptly scoffs. "They sure suck."

Shortly after gracing Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon her attention for like a minute, the cheer captain reaches for the zipper of the back pack she brought, consecutively opening it. Then, she scans and rummages through it.

It didn't take any longer for Sana to start pulling things out of her bag. She brings out a picnic mat first. She flips it in the air and carefully lays it on the grass. Then, after some patting and straightening, she sits on the mat, bringing out some chips, bottled waters, and a diet soda.

Mina has been simply standing, watching her best friend in pure amusement. "Wow. I thought we're going to play frisbee, Minatozaki Sana. How in the world did you translate that into a picnic?"

"Actually, I'm here for a little tan," Sana smiles back in sarcasm. She opens a bag of chips and lifts it towards her best friend. "Don't you want some?"

Mina scoffs at her roomie and suppresses a smile.

In a flirty tone, Sana continues. "You have to choose, baby. Either sit here comfortably with me while eating some comfort food or join those wild bros who toss the disc like they are doing some javelin throw."

A lot of the students are currently out of the school's vicinity. Most of them are lurking in the nearby shopping malls, on a mission to replenish dorm supplies, or still at home for a quick family visit.

Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon both decided to stay in the dorms. However, a half day later, the duo got totally bored and decided to do something more exciting than throwing a soccer ball in the air while staring at the ceiling. Hence, they end up playing frisbee and inviting the two other council girls.

The transferee notices Mina and Sana nearby. She shouts again to her playmate from a distance. "Jeong! Time out! I'm getting a substitute!"

Jeongyeon automatically sat on the grass like she had been waiting for a chance to rest. She just waved dismissively at the smaller girl in response.

"Your treasurer's giving me a hard time!" Chaeyoung announces breathlessly as soon as she reaches Mina and Sana's place. She then taps Mina's shoulders twice and playfully grins. "You're in, Minari!"

Mina immediately rolled her eyes at the soccer girl. She then lazily stood up from the picnic mat and started jogging to the open field towards Jeongyeon.

Sana teasingly shouts to her best friend. "You should have chosen me when you had the chance!"

Chaeyoung then sits at the picnic mat. She picks up one of the few bottled waters scattered on it and looks at Sana. "May I?"

The cheer captain simply nods in acknowledgement.

Sana and Chaeyoung both silently watched the two council members play from a distance. A couple of minutes have passed and the frisbee match looks better now with more percentage of the disc not being thrown to who-knows-where.