55 : Missed, too

"Chaeng, come here." Mina gestures to the soccer ace to come over after having carefully placed one by one all the breakfast she prepared on the room's small dining table.

Chaeyoung silently complies. She walked to sit at the table and started eating. The council president is sipping her coffee while quietly observing her.

They both remained silent while finishing their food and beverages.

When the soccer ace was finally done with her food, Mina stood up to get the bowl and coffee mugs they used. "Is your head aching?"

Chaeyoung simply nods.

"I also got you some medicine. It's in the smaller brown bag beside you on top of the table. Drink one." The council president instructs as she goes to the kitchen sink and starts washing the dishes.

Then, like some deja vu, Mina froze as she suddenly felt a pair of familiar arms embracing her as another body leaned on her from the back. She tries to stifle a smile from the contact. "What is it this time, Chaeng?"

"A— are you still mad at me? Please, forgive me, Minari. I feel like my heart's going to burst when you're mad at me."

Mina softly breaks from Chaeyoung's embrace and turns around to face the smaller girl.

The soccer player firmly extended her arms to hold onto the kitchen sink, trapping the council president in front of her, in between her arms.

"Chaeng, I—" Mina gazes at the soccer player who is equally looking at her with the same sincerity in her eyes. "I also would like to apologize to you. That day at the awarding ceremony of the Collegiate League, I think I said some harsh words that I didn't mean... And also these past few days—"

"No! I understand why you said all those words. I did hurt you. You really didn't deserve what I did." Chaeyoung cuts in. "But Minari, I want you to know and I hope that you believe me when I say that... not any cheer girl or fan girl or any other type of girl can be compared to you."

"But, Chaeng. I think I also acted like that because I was consumed by jealousy from— from that girl who stole a kiss from you on the field... And, I think my past insecurities suddenly resurfaced when the cheer girl from our High School appeared and— and talked to you like—"

Mina wasn't able to finish her sentence because Chaeyoung suddenly leaned in and placed her lips on her. It was a chaste, quick kiss.

They were both gazing at each other. Mina with a bit of a surprised look. Chaeyoung with a playful smirk.

"Minari..." The soccer ace looks at the council president's lips, then back to her eyes. "That one was to stop you from talking because I, even for one second, did not think that you were wrong for acting like that on that day... And this one..." She glances again at Mina's lips, "this is because I can't hold it in anymore. I missed you, too. So, so much."

And Chaeyoung leaned in again to capture Mina in a kiss.

This second kiss is definitely nothing compared to the first one earlier, nor even to the other simple kisses they had in the past. That is because of this second kiss, Chaeyoung passionately started to move her lips.

And Mina promptly kissed back.

Seconds after, the council president moved her arms to grip the soccer ace's waist.

Chaeyoung seemed to like the contact because she pushed herself impossibly closer to Mina's body, making the council president softly lean against the kitchen sink with the soccer player's arms still trapping her on both her sides.

A couple more minutes passed and they were still in perfect sync. Not one of them wanted to stop. Not one of them wanted to make unnecessary movements. Not one of them wanted to break free from each other's touch.

But, Mina eventually needed to breathe freely. "Chae— Chaeng."

Both the girls are now panting really hard after breaking from the kiss, seriously gazing into each other's eyes.

"Myoi Mina." Chaeyoung starts in almost a mumble in between her heavy breathing.

"Wha— what?" The redness in the council president's face is now starting to visibly appear.

The soccer ace heaves in a deep breath, still looking deeply, straight into Mina's eyes. "You are the only girl that I love and care for and would trade the whole world for. I love you, Myoi Mina. I love you so much."

"Chaeng..."

"You don't have to give me an answer right now." Chaeyoung faintly smiles. "Let's talk later? I was serious when I said I will tell you everything."

"Are you sure? I already thought about it and I think it's wrong to force you to reveal a part of yourself when you're not ready yet."

"No. I will tell you everything you want to know. I promise. It's just—" Chaeyoung averts her eyes from Mina. "It is just... I'm afraid that you will hate me after hearing it."

The council president slowly reaches to cup both of the soccer ace's cheeks. "Hey, Chaeng. Look at me."

Chaeyoung glances at Mina. As soon as their eyes met, the smaller girl quickly looked down again.

"Come on, baby cub." Mina flashes her gummy smile. "Just look at your Minari."

The soccer player slowly looks up again to meet the council president's eyes.

"I am promising you that I am not going anywhere, okay?"

"Really?"

Mina simply nods while maintaining her smile. "Here. Hold my hand." She then reaches out to Chaeyoung's hand and intertwines it with her. "If you decide to tell me the story of your past..." She playfully trails, "you can hold me very tight so that I can't bolt out of the door right after hearing it."

The smaller girl rolls her eyes while smiling. "So you're planning on running away after all!"

The council president just chuckles at her.

"But, Minari..."

"Hmm?"

"Don't you have morning classes?"

Mina's eyes suddenly widened. She immediately looks at the room's wall clock. "Oh, gosh. It's almost ten! I have my Taxation class in thirty minutes!"

Chaeyoung laughs at her. "Go to your class first. It's Sunday tomorrow. How about... we go somewhere and talk? Just— just the two of us."

"Are you..." Mina playfully squints at her. "asking me out on a date?"

"You could say that's what—"

The council president quickly kissed Chaeyoung's cheek, making the soccer ace abruptly freeze right then and there.

"It's a yes, Chaeng. You plan for Sunday. I'll go with you wherever you want to. For now... I'm a straight A student who never skips or gets late to her classes." 

Mina then hastily went to the cabinet to grab some change of clothes and walked straight to the dorm room's bathroom.

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, is left looking dumbfounded on the side of the room, blinking her eyes rapidly. Her cheeks start to blush as a grin forms on her face with her dimple visibly showing. She mumbles under her breath, "Wow. How did I get so lucky?"