45 : Impulsive Decisions

"Hmm..." Sana has been humming to herself for a while now. She is lying flat on her dorm bed, staring at the screen of her phone. "Hmm..."

"Sana, you sound like a monk in utter meditation." Mina nonchalantly comments. She is currently scribbling some lectures in their study table.

"I just can't bring myself to talk to her now!" The cheer captain throws some tantrums. "Why did I do that? Was I too bold when I kissed her last time? Why did I say those things?"

Mina glances at the vice president and shakes her head. "If you really want to know the answers, then just press that call button now."

"But what if she's still outside, like eating dinner or having cheer practice?"

"Then message her and ask if she is at their dorms already."

"But what if she's busy studying and I called at the wrong time?"

"Then message her and ask if she is free at the moment."

"But what if she's really busy and just pretends to tell me that she's not?"

"Then message her and ask if she is—" Mina stops and dramatically rolls her eyes. She abruptly stands up from her seat and walks straight to her roommate. She snatches Sana's phone and presses the call button.

"MINA!" The cheer captain reached out to try grabbing her phone back but Mina was quicker to avoid her.

The council president puts the ongoing call on speakerphone. The ringing from the other line is audibly heard all over their dorm room.

"Hey, Myoi Mina! What do you think you're doing?" Sana states in a hushed voice. She tries again to get the mobile device from her best friend's hand but immediately halts her actions when the call finally connects.

"Hello, Sana?"

"Hello, Tzuyu. This is Mina."

"Ahh. Yes? Why?" The young cheer captain's voice instantly shifted into something laced with worry. "Did something happen to Sana?"

"You're on speakerphone. I dialed for her since she has been staring at her mobile device for about an hour now, contemplating whether—"

"Myoi Mina! Give my phone back!"

The council president was interrupted when Sana tried to reach for her phone for the third time. She still easily managed though to avoid the cheer captain's flailing hands.

Mina stifles her laughter. She continues to speak with Sana glaring at her. "Sorry about that, Tzuyu. So as I was saying... She has been contemplating whether to call you or not. She was afraid that she might disturb you while you're doing some school stuff since it is still the middle of the week."

"I see." Tzuyu chuckles softly. "It's fine. I'm just doing some homework for minor subjects."

Sana nudges Mina. "See? I told you!" She spoke still in a careful, hushed voice, not wanting the other person on the call to hear her.

Mina simply rolls her eyes to respond to her best friend.

"Umm... Mina?"

"Ah— Yes, Tzuyu?"

"Why did Sana want to call me? Does she need something from me?"

The council president looks at Sana. "Hey, Sana? Tzuyu's asking for you."

The vice president didn't bat an eye at her roommate and remained silent.

"Hello, Tzuyu."

"Hmm?"