35 : Spoiled Bunny

The sun has now set. Jeongyeon is driving back to the university together with Nayeon after picking her up from their mansion.

"Babe."

"Hmm?" Nayeon faintly hums.

"You still have just two more games after New Year's, right?" The council treasurer starts as she glances at the shotgun seat.

"Yeah. If we win this, at least we'll get the bronze."

After the soccer team's loss in their first game, their coach made sure to never miss their schedule. The team gained back their confidence in their succeeding games and is now holding a good standing at the current League.

"Do you think you'll win?" Jeongyeon asks in a tease.

"Hey! You're supposed to believe in us! We're your schoolmates!."

Jeongyeon simply rolls her eyes and smiles. "So you still have soccer practice tomorrow, I presume?"

"Yep."

"But seriously speaking, babe... Whatever the final result would be, the soccer team still surely did great this season." Jeongyeon glances at her girlfriend and softly smiles. "That is because they have a manager who is dedicated and responsible, not to mention really talented and beautiful."

Nayeon looks at the driver's seat and grins, "Hey! Are you trying to score with their manager now?"

"Not really. There's no need for that, she's already head over heels for me."

The soccer manager playfully scoffs and stifles a smile.

Jeongyeon chuckles at her. "Just message me when your practice finishes so that I can pick you up, okay?"

"Okay."

"And also if you crave anything that is not cafeteria food, tell me beforehand so that I can buy you something outside of the school for dinner."

"Yes, ma'am."

Shortly after, Nayeon covers her mouth while generously yawning.

Jeongyeon glances at her girlfriend. She reaches and squeezes the soccer manager's hand momentarily. "You can sleep if you want, babe."

"Really? I actually think I'm still a bit tired."

"Yep. I'll drive safely, don't worry."

"Okay. Thanks, babe." The soccer manager shifts a little to her side on the seat.

The whole trip back to the school went in comfortable silence after that with Nayeon falling asleep.

"Babe, we're here." Jeongyeon shakes her girlfriend's shoulder a little.

Nayeon just opens her eyes lazily.

"Wait a sec while I get your bags from the trunk." The council treasurer promptly exits the car.

Nayeon unbuckles her seatbelt and sluggishly moves out of the vehicle.

"Let's go? I'll walk you to your dorm room." Jeongyeon yells from the rear of the SUV after the sound of the trunk closing was heard.

Nayeon walks to the council treasurer's side and clings on to her girlfriend's arm. "Let's go!"

Shortly after, they are already in front of Nayeon's designated room in the junior dorms. She is just a floor below Mina and Sana's.

It is just around eight in the evening but since it is still the second day of classes after New Year's, even the usually busy dorm hallways don't have any loitering students right now.

"Here are your things. You have an early class tomorrow at seven in the morning, right?"

"Ugh! Yeah, I just remembered I have to wake up early for that."

"Want me to call you around six thirty to make sure your alarm woke you up?"

Nayeon simply smiles and nods.

"Okay! I'm going back to the sophomore dorms now, okay?" Jeongyeon quickly kisses the soccer manager's cheek and turns around to leave.

Nayeon quickly held the hem of her girlfriend's shirt, halting the latter from taking any step further. "Babe."

"Hmm? Why? Do you need anything else?" Jeongyeon asks as she faces the soccer manager.

"My— My roommate messaged me that she's... sleeping somewhere tonight."

"So?" The council treasurer asks while raising one of her eyebrows.

"You know what I want to say!"

Jeongyeon stifles a chuckle. "No, I don't."

"Ugh!" Nayeon glares at her for a couple of seconds, then lets out a defeated sigh. She glances at the council treasurer, then to the floor. "Since I'll be alone... maybe... stay the night—"

"NOPE. We have classes tomorrow." Jeongyeon quickly answers in certainty.

"Oh, come on! We'll just watch movies and cuddle!"

The council treasurer rolls her eyes while laughing. "Like I'd believe you saying that."

"Babeeee." Nayeon clings on to her girlfriend's arm and playfully shakes it. "Please? I just missed you so much."

Jeongyeon stifles a smile while watching the soccer manager throw some tantrums and tries to hug her.

"Please, baby?" Nayeon asks again while now visibly pouting.

"It's still a no, baby. No negotiations. Your tactics won't work." The council treasurer softly removes her girlfriend's arms around her. "You have morning classes, right? You can't stay up too late."

"But it's been days that we weren't together due to the Holidays and I just wanted to spend some time with you because I miss you—"

In a swift motion, Jeongyeon held Nayeon's shoulder and leaned in to capture her lips. The soccer manager automatically smiled and responded, lifting her arms to cling onto her girlfriend's neck.

They continuously kissed for a couple more minutes until the council treasurer hesitatingly decided to break the contact. They were both panting a little and were simply gazing at each other for a moment.

After calming her breathing, Jeongyeon sweetly smiles at Nayeon. "Missed me a little less now?"

The soccer manager, who is blushing like crazy right now, giggles and energetically nods. "I love you, Yoo Jeongyeon."

"I love you too, my baby bunny!" Jeongyeon chuckles as she ruffles the soccer manager's hair. She stops her ruffling, shifts into something serious and looks at Nayeon's eyes. "Hey, babe. We're good, right? I mean— You're not—"

"Hmm? What is it, babe?" Nayeon as Jeongyeon suddenly stopped midway through her sentence.

The council treasurer shakes her head softly and forces a smile. She then resumed ruffling the soccer manager's hair. "Your dad's right. I really am spoiling you too much."

"But you like spoiling me!" The soccer manager just laughs while trying to stop her girlfriend's hands.

"I don't like spoiling you. I simply like you."

Nayeon playfully rolls her eyes. "My girlfriend's such a smooth talker now."

"Well, be proud! That's where seven years of being in love with someone like you got me." Jeongyeon gave one last quick kiss to her girlfriend's cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

The soccer manager smiles widely, showing her bunny teeth. "Okay! Bye, babe."

"Bye, bye!"