38 : Keychain Story

"This is yours, right?" Dahyun asks as she hands over the bag to Sana who reaches over. She is currently in Mina and Sana's dorm room.

"Oh! I didn't know you were a Star Wars fan." The council secretary notices the object dangling on their vice president's bag.

The cheer captain softly smiles, "I'm not."

"Then, why do you have it? That's a character from Star Wars, right?

Sana giggles, "Yeah. But, this means something else to me. This is my lucky charm."

Dahyun gave her a weird look, "How could that thing be a lucky charm?"

Sana rolls her eyes and continues, "I thought you would know about this keychain by now, Dahyun. Jeongyeon has been teasing me about it whenever she has the chance."

"Yeah. Jeongyeon teases her a lot about Yoda." Mina cuts in.

"Ah! That's right! That Star Wars character is called Yoda. I was trying my best to recall it earlier." Dahyun mumbles.

"Sana makes sure that it's always with her. I never saw someone so attached to something like that." Mina adds innocently while flipping some pages of the book she has been quietly reading on her bed.

Dahyun just scoffs and shrugs the topic off. She goes back to stare at the pieces of paper neatly stacked on the floor. "Hmm... Why is the count of correspondents not tallying with this?"

"I told you, we can just answer the missing papers like we're another person!" Sana declares from the couch she is comfortably sitting on. She is also holding on to some pieces of paper that formerly belonged to the stack in front of the council secretary.

"No! That's cheating!"

Sana just rolls her eyes.

The two council girls both take Performing Arts hence, they have classes together. They are currently trying to make progress in a minor subject in that they decided to pair up and do the required research.

Dahyun continues to stare at the neatly categorized papers in front of her.

"Ugh!" Sana roughly plops herself on the couch and closes her eyes. She lazily comments, "Be careful, Dahyun. You might fall in love with those papers if you stare at them for too long."

The council secretary glances at her and smirks, "Says the girl who kissed someone in the dorm's lobby a few days ago."

Sana's eyes opened as abruptly as to how she sprung from the couch. "Kim Dahyun!" She throws a pillow to Dahyun which landed on the papers on the floor.

"Hey! Look at what you did!" The council secretary facepalms herself as the papers she neatly stacked minutes ago are now messily scattered everywhere.

"Deserved." Sana giggles.

Dahyun quickly glares at her. "I'm never teaming up with you!"

Sana just chuckles at her in a tease. "Oh, come one! You've been saying that since we were freshmen. We both know you can't resist pairing up with me!"

*EHEM* *EHEM*

A loud clearing of the throat caught both the council girls' attention.

"Mi— Mina." Sana flashes an awkward smile.

Mina just looks at the cheer captain unamused.

Sana awkwardly laughed, "I—"

"Dahyun." Mina calls out. "What exactly did you see?"

"Sana was kissing—"

The cheer captain quickly stood up from the couch and tried to cover Dahyun's mouth but the council secretary was alert to move away and run to Mina's side.

"I saw her kissing Tzuyu on the cheek on the first floor of our building!"

Mina just nods, not breaking the unamused stare she has been giving her best friend.

Sana lets out a sigh. Her cheeks are starting to visibly flush. "Ca— Can I explain, please?"

Mina nods again while now stifling a smile. "Start now, Minatozaki."

Sana heaves in a deep breath as she sits on her bed, facing the council president. "I think she really is Yoda!"

"You're sticking to the hunch that Tzuyu is the same person as the one that we nicknamed after the keychain?"

Sana nods.

Dahyun is just blankly moving her eyes back and forth at the best friends that are discussing. She obviously looks like she has no idea what the current topic is about.

Mina continues to ask, "Are you sure now? Like a hundred percent sure?"

"It is her!" Sana visibly pouts. "It has to be her... I don't know what else to do with this feeling if it's not her."

Mina dramatically rolls her eyes. "You would never think what kind of coincidence that—" She stops her statement and consecutively squints at her best friend. "Minatozaki Sana! You really weren't stalking her because of the Collegiate League, weren't you?"

"I was!"

Mina just looked at her suspiciously.

Sana mumbles, "At first."

"I knew it!"

"But that was the truth! I'm just suspecting Tzuyu right now because she was acting too familiar like she knows things about me that only Yoda should know."

"Sana" Mina starts to massage her temples.

Sana pouts and mumbles, "I can't help it. You know the story. I have been waiting for her all this time."

"WAIT!" Dahyun yells to cut in. "WAIT, WAIT, WAIT. What in the world are you two talking about?"

—— Thirty minutes later ——

Dahyun repositions herself on the couch of their dorm room. She is now sitting on it together with the cheer captain. She clarifies the topic in an unconvinced tone, "So that's the reason why that thing always dangles in any of your bags wherever you go?"

Sana nods eagerly.

Mina is just quietly listening to them from her bed, letting the council secretary fully comprehend the complicated story she just heard.

Dahyun continues, "And you only know her by the nickname Tzu?"

"We were just grade schoolers at that time. Kids that age don't care for their friend's proper name. I don't even know how it was spelled."

The council secretary scoffs, "I know all of my classmate's full names in grade school."

"She was from another class of the lower grade!" Sana yells in defense as she throws another pillow to Dahyun's direction.

"Okay, okay." Dahyun chuckles as she effortlessly catches the pillow. "So you expect this Tzu would just walk up to you one day and recognize you because that keychain is dangling on your bag?"

"Maybe."

"Sana, I don't think that's—"

"But she promised me!"

Mina finally cuts in while shaking her head, "I told you, Sana. Your plan was a bit out of this world."

"But it wasn't me! Tzu was the one who told me that plan. Tzu promised me."

Dahyun continues to ask in an unamused tone, "Wow. Why do the people around me have love stories that can pass as a plot in a book?"

Both the other girls quickly burst in laughter at the council secretary's comment.

"Believe me, Dahyun." Mina answers while chuckling. "Whatever I have right now? You won't want this kind of drama."

"Yeah!" Sana agrees. "If I could just choose an easier way to Tzu, I'm sure I would never want this kind of story."

Dahyun just playfully scoffs and shakes her head at them in response.